Lt. Commander
# 11
04-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Think this morning was the first time I had seen the red alert wavy screen gfx as I do not get many borg space encounters these days.

It's annoying, I want to turn it off.

Why not just a screen emote or something that says "Alert" "Enemy presence detected on the ship" then fade out.
If it is a boarding party.

If it is not a boarding party a ship special fx of some sort would do, not the wavy red stuff we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
If they are boarding parties, then why didn't my Tactical Team remove the effect?
If it is a boarding party, it doesn't seem to do anything (i.e., no crew loss), so it's bugged.

Also, if it is a boarding party, the graphical effect should go away when the party goes away (either from your Tactical effect -- unless its removal of Borg boarding party is bugged -- or from the duration expiring). This does not happen either, so either the boarding party is bugged, and/or the graphical effect is bugged.

Regardless, we should be informed of what effect is triggering the graphical effect (or what the graphical effect means), and it should expire. This is currently not the case.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
If it is a boarding party, it doesn't seem to do anything (i.e., no crew loss), so it's bugged.

Also, if it is a boarding party, the graphical effect should go away when the party goes away (either from your Tactical effect -- unless its removal of Borg boarding party is bugged -- or from the duration expiring). This does not happen either, so either the boarding party is bugged, and/or the graphical effect is bugged.

Regardless, we should be informed of what effect is triggering the graphical effect (or what the graphical effect means), and it should expire. This is currently not the case.
I definitely get effects from the Borg boarding parties. Loss of some or all systems for 3-10 seconds at a time over 30 seconds or longer. And tac team definitely doesn't get rid of the *******s.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
I definitely get effects from the Borg boarding parties. Loss of some or all systems for 3-10 seconds at a time over 30 seconds or longer. And tac team definitely doesn't get rid of the *******s.
This is good to know.

I'm maxxed in Subsystem Repair, and all power system skills, so I never experience any problems.

Sounds like the Borg boarding parties need to be changed in three ways:

1) Should be removable by Tactical Team.
2) Should be a little stronger?
3) Once gone, should remove the Intruder Alert graphical effect.

===

If this is Intruder Alert, it should be changed in the following ways:

1) Should disappear once the threat (enemy boarding party) is gone.
2) Should not obscure our view or the HUD. Perhaps an Intruder Alert box beneath the Red Alert box would be more appropriate.

===

Sound good?
Lt. Commander
# 15 Flashing Red Screen vs Borg
04-06-2010, 08:31 PM
This started happening to me yesterday when i ran my first Borg missions.

I had no idea what it meant either, or what the intended response from me was.

Like many others, it made me feel ill while it was on-screen as well -- and i don't normally suffer from any problems of motion sickness or photo-sensitivity.

I feel like a want to file a bug on this under the "Failed UI" and/or "Medical Time Bomb" catagories!

/signed - please remove this "feature" al together or make it so that we can switched it off
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
If they are boarding parties, then why didn't my Tactical Team remove the effect?
For the same reason Tactical Team does not remove the tactical debuff "Fire on my Mark"... it is broken.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbaroth
This started happening to me yesterday when i ran my first Borg missions.

I had no idea what it meant either, or what the intended response from me was.

Like many others, it made me feel ill while it was on-screen as well -- and i don't normally suffer from any problems of motion sickness or photo-sensitivity.

I feel like a want to file a bug on this under the "Failed UI" and/or "Medical Time Bomb" catagories!

/signed - please remove this "feature" al together or make it so that we can switched it off
Aye. I feel I MUST emphasize the inexplicable discomfort and disorientation this causes.

My ticket about it didn't even get a response
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Strobing like this can trigger epileptic fits and migraines in some people. There is NO excuse for not being able to turn this off under options.

Do it before your PR department finds it is fielding calls from these people or these or these asking you why, when it has been pointed out, you did nothing about a legitimate health and safety issue?

A simple "Disable strobe alerts" YES... NO is all that is needed. This is not something that can wait.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Strobing like this can trigger epileptic fits and migraines in some people. There is NO excuse for not being able to turn this off under options.

Do it before your PR department finds it is fielding calls from these people or these or these asking you why, when it has been pointed out, you did nothing about a legitimate health and safety issue?

A simple "Disable strobe alerts" YES... NO is all that is needed. This is not something that can wait.
Again strenuously seconding this. Almost had to leave the computer during my most recent Infected run.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-16-2010, 04:41 PM
/Signed

That effect is LITERALLY sickening.