Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
04-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadersson View Post
I think he is refering to the new Star Cluster Exploration Missions. The Azlesa Expanse is just like a Deep Space Encounter for Klingons. The new Nebulas and Star Clusters are more like the Exploration missions for the Federation. Of course, they are written for Klingons, you know stopping intruders, suppressing population revolts, exploiting resources, that sort of thing.

If you have not checked them out lately, you should be cause they can be a lot of fun.

Thanks,
Duncan
Yeah, they can be "fun"...if theyre not bugged beyond kingdom come

especially in the Captain/RA Areals youll get a lot of system with no enemys in it, or no Mission briefing.

and then theres the issue of "The Sensors show nothing of interest for the Empire" my personal record is scanning six systems without anything in it. makes me want to shoot my senior science officer and carve me a new tea spoon out of his spine...

And btw, rewriting the fed exploration missions, changing skins, names and description and patching it in half bugged is NOT a great deal of work...more like copy, paste, recolor...done
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoinar
and then theres the issue of "The Sensors show nothing of interest for the Empire" my personal record is scanning six systems without anything in it. makes me want to shoot my senior science officer and carve me a new tea spoon out of his spine...
That's because Klingons have no use for anomalies, as they have no memory alpha-equivalent. If they ever get one (which I don't think many are really clamoring for), they'll be able to scan systems and collect the data/etc.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
There is Klingon-specific PvE content in Season 2, including a new Klingon-specific villian group.
Klingon specific villain group?
This does sound intersting. Better pray it is not a carrot and we declare war on the Ferengi, because then ur Klingon playerbase is "gone with the wind..."

ps. sorry for the "negative"view, but you reap what u sow Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-14-2010, 10:54 AM
There are so many thinks Klingon players asked for.... clothes, Ship costumisattion..... the same ground combat features feds got with the last update....

But a Klingon specific villian is, i thing, not among those thinks.
Whats the sense of that?
Klingons hate Romulans, dont like Cardassins very much and are paranoid concerning the Urdine. How about adding some of those? We dont need a new villiant, we at least want to fight the old ones.
And there are already "new villians"... the Prix who look like they came from the Avatar movie for example. Nobody cares about the Prix and the names of the others i have already forgotten. I mean.... i fought another villian just half and hour ago and have forgotten their names.

By the way, its so nice that a GM actually takes time to post a complete Line in klingon forums. And few more lines even in another post.

How about writing a few lines in one of the other topics?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148948 <---- here some people made a real efford to "collect" the, so you dont even have to read all Topics, just this one. We desperatly wait for a few answers here.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-15-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
How about actual proper episodes like we have on the fed side, klingon style of course, but will we have anything like that in Season 2?
it looks like we will, according to the comments from the devs around here.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
So to shed a little light on why you're not seeing new content NOW:

What you guys are seeing in now is stuff that was being worked on during open beta and in the few weeks after launch.

The art team had more time during this period because of what we call "art freeze." Their work for launch had to be done early so that it could be loaded on the discs and you wouldn't have a massive patch when you installed the game.

The content team wasn't frozen -- it was working on issues up until launch and after, so we didn't have much time for "new." But we weren't going to send the artists home to watch Spongebob for six weeks, so they worked on making new ships and a lot of the art heavy things you see now in Season 1.

Post launch, one of my big tasks was writing stories for the Klingon star clusters, because that was something we wanted to get in as soon as possible. Now that the clusters are live, *and* the content designers have some more time for new Episodes, *and* we've freed up some of the artists and systems designers to make new and awesome art and villians, we can work on things that we've been wanting to do and you've been wanting to see -- like Klingon Episodes.
It is not your team's fault. It's the idiots above you making bad decisions!
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
I know people saying " No offence " turn around and are offensive when they start a statement in this manner . Kestral , I know you're just the messenger , but I'll believe it when I see it . This is so typical of the Lip service paid to Klingons by Cryptic over the last 5 months , I'm a cynic now and you've ( Cryptic ) have done absolutely nothing to counter this belief.

There's an old adage " You can baffle me with ******** , or you can dazzle me with brillance. " so far it's been the first part of the statement.
Seriously Vuk, your incessant negativity in quite staggering. I'm almost at the point where I want to vomit all over my screen when I read one of your posts. Can you fix that for me? K, thx.
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave111
Seriously Vuk, your incessant negativity in quite staggering. I'm almost at the point where I want to vomit all over my screen when I read one of your posts. Can you fix that for me? K, thx.
Yeah , it's called the ignore button . The truth is what's making you ill , if it wasn't me saying it would be someone else . You'll come to appreciate it once you've been around long enough.
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
Yeah , it's called the ignore button . The truth is what's making you ill , if it wasn't me saying it would be someone else . You'll come to appreciate it once you've been around long enough.
Yeah ain't that the truth.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
There is Klingon-specific PvE content in Season 2, including a new Klingon-specific villian group.
Pwnt......