# 11
03-14-2010, 03:04 AM
I support this thread
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-14-2010, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
The Borg adapt. They already had an airborne nanoprobe pathogen designed for resistant species like Humans and 8472. They gain nothing by blowing up their opportunity to acquire such resilient species.
Not sure if you've read the storyline ingame, but the whole point is that in fact the Borg have changed, and have become more aggressive and changed tactics. On top of this in the game storyline the Federation has really caught up with Borg technology and they no longer are the menacing threat that they once were.

All that being said, that stuff could have been added after the fact to cover over sloppy game balance issues.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I would like to see a section of the Borg as playable. These should be the Borg that freed themselves after Hugh was returned to the collective in episode "I Borg" in TNG and later in "Descent". That way you could still be Borg and still function as an individual. The purpose of their involment would be to free more Borg from the collective to join their cause.

Back to the OP, I love the post and agree with several things said. The only problem I see in making the Borg more like the Borg in the show is that they would eventually adapt to your ships weapons and shields. Assimilation would be a kind of death in the game I would think.

Just my opinions, don't flame me too hard.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-15-2010, 02:47 PM
I definatley thing Cryptic should rework their cubes to look like they did in Voyager.
They looked very menacing and not like toys like they do in STO.

Please give us an authentic tactical cube!!!
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
You then become one of them, no free will following their directives, ordered around told what to do when and where.
So just like working for Asda (aka Walmart) then?
I've not quite got to the Borg Missions yet as taking it slowly on RA (nearly there tho) but I would like to have a challange when I get there, plus making them just like in the show just adds to the amusement.

DarkMagix: Don't forget the Unimatrix Zero lot, which would open up Delta Quadrant sectors for play.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-15-2010, 03:15 PM
as a side note - CBS and the Art Department worked hand in hand to make a new future look for the Borg. After discussions with them it was very clear that the borg in the shows were limited in costume by FX budgets and that we wanted to move away from black latex (they didn't have budget to do the kind of half skeleton characters we have now as CGI was just coming of age).

needless to say - there are some great suggestions and valuable feedback in this thread that could make the Borg more Borg-like.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-15-2010, 03:19 PM
in that case, let me chime in and say that i'd love to give up a limb for a borg arm thingie. maybe just have whatever gun i'm firing not render so it appears that the 'arm' is firing the shots...
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_Skymocker
in that case, let me chime in and say that i'd love to give up a limb for a borg arm thingie. maybe just have whatever gun i'm firing not render so it appears that the 'arm' is firing the shots...
I may be spoiling some surprise but I think I saw a character running around with a borg arm weapon in a playtest yesterday. So who knows. That may be coming!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I may be spoiling some surprise but I think I saw a character running around with a borg arm weapon in a playtest yesterday. So who knows. That may be coming!
any cool undine undine spoilers lurking about ?
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
as a side note - CBS and the Art Department worked hand in hand to make a new future look for the Borg. After discussions with them it was very clear that the borg in the shows were limited in costume by FX budgets and that we wanted to move away from black latex (they didn't have budget to do the kind of half skeleton characters we have now as CGI was just coming of age).

needless to say - there are some great suggestions and valuable feedback in this thread that could make the Borg more Borg-like.
Well the Borg ships in Voyager always looked great and detailed, and very subtle and intricate detailing.
Mostly i would like to see the cubes changed to look more like that.
Because right now they actually look like they come from an even "lower" budget.

Just look at the actual CGI of the Tactical Cube from voyager and tell me it isnt awsome! :p
http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/tac_01.jpg