Lt. Commander
# 21
04-16-2010, 05:59 AM
But thats not it, they have a RSP on 3 min CD, swap him off, put him back on and he has no CD at all.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luepert View Post
But thats not it, they have a RSP on 3 min CD, swap him off, put him back on and he has no CD at all.
Yes, but he can't do it in a battle. Keeping someone under red alert is the easiest task to do.

It only increases the chance to survive the revenge-assault of the new respawned full healed enemy you just killed.

As long as there is no death penalty I am perfectly fine with this. Finishing a kill you should've never gotten is way too easy at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-16-2010, 08:52 AM
well i tried this after being told about it, and it is complete bs, i can actually remove and replace the same bo and the skill is reset, someting i am sure all you 'defenders' already knew, in addition it resets all the other bo skills as well, tho i notice the defenders kept that little point to themselves, clearly this is not intended and is an exploit which those that claim it is a vaild tactic are prepared to use. Otherwise why not simply remove all cooldowns when out of combat as a matter of course and only have them maintained while in combat.

Recently i have had a cp map where i killed a fed sci ship (there were two), when he came back 10s later he sub'd me, then i was sub'd by the other, they died, 10s later he came back an sub'd me again, then so did the other. Now i know that for some reason sub is actually effected by photonic officer even tho no other captain skill is that i know of, so you can have it up in 45s but photonic has a long cooldown, which is meaningless as he can tab the officer in an out to have it reset, perhaps there is some ligitimate ability which explains why some captains can be hit with subnuc on a 24s duration then magically pop rsp when you shoot them 3s later
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Take it as officers need a rest so you switch them xD,if you have cruiser or science vessel then you can have like two teams,one is for solo-self survival and other is for extending shields,hazzard emitters,transfer shield strenght
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-21-2010, 07:59 AM
my thought:

Yes you should be allowed to swap BO's that have the same ability to get one that isn't on cooldown. If I have 2 BO's with RSP, I should be able to swap out BO1 for BO2 to get my RSP back in an active state. however, I shouldn't be able wot swap out a BO and put that same one back in and have all cooldowns reset. here's what I mean in an example

BO1 and BO2 both have RSP
BO3 does not.
BO1, BO2, BO3 are the same class of BO and the same rank. (I don't know off the top of my head whether this is an engineering or science ability and what rank it is, thus the generic thought here)

I should be allowed to swap BO1 for BO2 out of combat and get my RSP ability available.

I should NOT be able to swap BO1 for BO3 and then immeadiately swap back in BO1 to get my RSP off cooldown. it should still be on cooldown. I think that's what needs fixed. being able to swap BO that don't have the same abilities to remove the cooldowns off the original BO.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Just like weapons switching in ground combat, it was not intended to be abused in such a fashion. You need a different damage type? Or some other debuff? That was the intention, it was never allowing you to chain high power expose/exploit attacks. Thus it got patched, the inability to access the different damage types or debuffs during combat outweighs the negative impact such practice had on the game.

Why the detour over the weapon switching? It's just the same. You are supposed to switch out the BO according to your upcoming needs, again it is not designed to allow you to exchange your spent power for a fresh one. This is clearly a bug and exploiting it is.. well, exploiting. Is it a bannable offense? I can't answer, but since it's walking the sharp line between smart-assery and exploit, I really don't know

But actually that is more a problem of carriers since they get out of combat a lot. But yes, I agree, mirrored BO powers should inherit the running cooldown, regardless of rank of course, just to prevent smartassery like this.