Lt. Commander
After all, why not? I can think of three people off the top of my head (excluding myself) who play W40k (or a form thereof).

So let's start a Warhammer 40k discussion thread.

I'll start it off.

So Raven and Daev, have either of you gotten a chance to try the Last Stand mode in DoW2? I've gotten my Space Marine up to level 10, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

If anything can be said about DoW2, it's that it's got replay value out the wazoo.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Can't say I have tried Last Stand Mode. Been busy with school and a few stories I am working on in addition to some STO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
You haven't played Last Stand until you've done it as an orc.

=]
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Give it a whirl when you get a chance.

You and two other people (either invited friends or random people from the interwebs) against wave after wave of... just about everything the game can throw at you. It's a lot of fun. Makes no sense whatsoever canonically (you can have a Mekboy, a Farseer and a Space Marine all working together to mow down Imperial Guardsmen) but still a ton of fun. And as you gain levels you unlock new wargear to use.

At level 10 on my Space Marine, I can choose from a bolter, a power axe, a plasma pistol, a bolter pistol, and a chainsword as well as two different sets of armor and a bunch of extra accessories that give me various abilities. I think next level I get my hammer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Hm, wrong thread. It says Warhammer 40k in the title, but everybody is talking about Dawn of War II.

Anybody here who plays the 40k RPG's of Fantasy Flight Games? I'm waiting for Deathwatch at the moment. A shame they never had an army list in the tabletop.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseus View Post
You haven't played Last Stand until you've done it as an orc.

=]
Yeah, the Mekboy can kick some major ass from afar, but I like jumping into the fray and hacking my enemies to bits with my power axe way too much to focus on leveling up an Ork. :p

Once I get my Space Marine to 20, the next one I'll be working on is my Sorcerer of anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Hm, wrong thread. It says Warhammer 40k in the title, but everybody is talking about Dawn of War II.

Anybody here who plays the 40k RPG's of Fantasy Flight Games? I'm waiting for Deathwatch at the moment. A shame they never had an army list in the tabletop.
See, I kept thinking this, too. This is all gonna be about Tabletop miniatures discussion and I was holding back a *very* good, yet semi-scathing commentary on the hobby that I decided not to use because, I understand the allure and was into the tabletop game for awhile in the past.

It's sometimes best to let folks have their fun.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
See, I kept thinking this, too. This is all gonna be about Tabletop miniatures discussion and I was holding back a *very* good, yet semi-scathing commentary on the hobby that I decided not to use because, I understand the allure and was into the tabletop game for awhile in the past.

It's sometimes best to let folks have their fun.
When did I say you couldn't talk about the tabletop?

I just started the thread with DoW2.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
When did I say you couldn't talk about the tabletop?

I just started the thread with DoW2.
All implied, good sir.

The way you moved that salt shaker across your desk while you were typing this with a web cam in view spoke VOLUMES !!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-16-2010, 11:45 AM
I miss playing the table top.
I'm also sad that my ex still has MY table top SpaceHulk game (got for free at a con)
I want to paint miniatures....

*waaaa*