Lt. Commander
# 51
04-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Well I was hoping the 45 day patch would help ground pvp.. it hasn't.

Fed vs Fed is nice and all but since ground pvp is so broken, its still very hard to find people playing it.. You pull up the queue list and they're all empty or only a couple people waiting in them..

I've been doing some research into really maximizing ground pvp, here are some more ways to tweak it;

Remove The Limit on Active Queues. - Three is just too few. Lets sa you queue up for Queues A, B, and C. Now while you are waiting, Queue D or E starts to fill up fast and starts before you notice, and nor can you even join it until you've left Queue A, B or C. There needs to be no limitation on how many queues I can join. if I want to sit in the same spot in game, and wait for 12 queues hoping for one to pop, I should be allowed to do that.

Lower the Amount Required. While 5vs5 is nice, I've never ever ever, seen a 20 person Arena fill up, the most I ever saw was 9 in one and that declined over a few minutes time. And even 10 people is pushing it, so many times you'll get stuck waiting for another three or four people to begin the match. Basically, you should lower it to something like 8 (4v4) or 6 (3v3) because during certain parts of the day there aren't enough people online to cover a full match so queues never launch.

Stop Matches That Are Unbalanced. Even after Season 1 came out.. We are still getting into matches where there could be 4 or 5 people vs 1. Fed vs Fed, Fed vs Kling, doesn't matter. And of course the opposing team never cares, they always zerg you, you might get a few shots off but its right back to hold - hold - vaporize inside of five seconds.

Allow Queues for "Dueling" or Practice - maybe its me but there are people in my fleet that haven't done much ground pvp, so they don't know a lot. And teaching them the finer points would be nice.. but you have to wait for a queue to pop, and hope you could find time between being perma-held and outnumbered to help teach someone. So some form of small scale ground pvp that you dont have to wait on would be perfect.

and of course, removing Perma-Holds, Chain-Holds, Exposes (or at least limiting them, a lot). etc would truly make ground pvp awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
Well I was hoping the 45 day patch would help ground pvp.. it hasn't.

Fed vs Fed is nice and all but since ground pvp is so broken, its still very hard to find people playing it.. You pull up the queue list and they're all empty or only a couple people waiting in them..

I've been doing some research into really maximizing ground pvp, here are some more ways to tweak it;

Remove The Limit on Active Queues. - Three is just too few. Lets sa you queue up for Queues A, B, and C. Now while you are waiting, Queue D or E starts to fill up fast and starts before you notice, and nor can you even join it until you've left Queue A, B or C. There needs to be no limitation on how many queues I can join. if I want to sit in the same spot in game, and wait for 12 queues hoping for one to pop, I should be allowed to do that.

Lower the Amount Required. While 5vs5 is nice, I've never ever ever, seen a 20 person Arena fill up, the most I ever saw was 9 in one and that declined over a few minutes time. And even 10 people is pushing it, so many times you'll get stuck waiting for another three or four people to begin the match. Basically, you should lower it to something like 8 (4v4) or 6 (3v3) because during certain parts of the day there aren't enough people online to cover a full match so queues never launch.

Stop Matches That Are Unbalanced. Even after Season 1 came out.. We are still getting into matches where there could be 4 or 5 people vs 1. Fed vs Fed, Fed vs Kling, doesn't matter. And of course the opposing team never cares, they always zerg you, you might get a few shots off but its right back to hold - hold - vaporize inside of five seconds.

Allow Queues for "Dueling" or Practice - maybe its me but there are people in my fleet that haven't done much ground pvp, so they don't know a lot. And teaching them the finer points would be nice.. but you have to wait for a queue to pop, and hope you could find time between being perma-held and outnumbered to help teach someone. So some form of small scale ground pvp that you dont have to wait on would be perfect.

and of course, removing Perma-Holds, Chain-Holds, Exposes (or at least limiting them, a lot). etc would truly make ground pvp awesome.
I agree with pretty much everything you've said, Ground PvP still needs to be massively improved to become enjoyable. Right now frustration is still the dominating feeling I have after a Ground PvP match, even when I'm on the winning side.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-16-2010, 11:21 AM
I think ground pvp has kind of died out at this point. I've not played in a ground pvp match in almost two weeks.

Why? No one else does. And thats with an RA5 Fed and a LT6 Klink. You'd think with both ends of the spectrum you'd find a match or two? Yea, after a couple of hours of sitting in queue, people might join..

The devs need to fix ground pvp, and they need to fix it before it dies out completely to the point that no one queues up for it at all.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
So some form of small scale ground pvp that you dont have to wait on would be perfect.
Everyone should hang out in the Otha Ground War Zone. It's been out for quite a long time now but few people come. Why not fight or duel while you wait for queues! Or you can practice ground movement and attacks on slow-moving Borg. While it's basically open ground PvP, if you try to do the mission then there's a chance to get nice reward items.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
I think ground pvp has kind of died out at this point. I've not played in a ground pvp match in almost two weeks.

Why? No one else does. And thats with an RA5 Fed and a LT6 Klink. You'd think with both ends of the spectrum you'd find a match or two? Yea, after a couple of hours of sitting in queue, people might join..

The devs need to fix ground pvp, and they need to fix it before it dies out completely to the point that no one queues up for it at all.
I've had several matches recently, at the RA and LTC levels. I think the "random" maps need to be changed, since they rarely work for me. My theory is that they're a second queue for the same map, but the map draws from its own queue, and the random ones never get picked.