Lt. Commander
# 1 Temple Offerings BS
04-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Yet another great piece of garbage from Star Trek Online. I'm doing Temple Offerings, and I need 10 entertainment provisions. This would be all well and good if the vendor actually had a way to get said provisions, but because of the requirements, you have to go ALL THE WAY BACK TO SOL SYSTEM. This kind of crap is unacceptable. This is a stupid time sink, and time sinks are always bad in all cases.

They need to change this crap right away by making all the provisions available at the vendor on DS9. I'm getting tired of this game's crap.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-16-2010, 11:37 PM
the best part is that its part of a chain!

oh, and make sure you bring 15 self sealing stem bolts while your at it. you can thank me later.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Generally, I try to stay out of ... angry threads such as this, but I have to agree with this particular episode being pretty dumb. I've never really liked it from the first time I did it in closed beta; at least now I've done it a couple times, I just try to remember to bring 160 Provisions and 60 Industrial Energy Cells with me when I do this one.

Also, there is hope coming soon. I just hopped off of Tribble, where they'd changed the commodities and aid/relief missions, and our ship replicators will be able to make all of the commodities (at about a 20-25% price increase from a commodities vendor, but you can replicate all 15 types).

They're changing the vendors themselves as well. The DS9 one won't require Provisions to make the Entertainment Provisions anymore, just credits. I don't think the changes will make it to Holodeck until Season 1.1 goes live, though. So, I guess around the end of the month (I think dstahl said it's looking like the 27th-29th or so) this mission won't be such a pain anymore. (hopefully)
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Those upcoming changes sound very welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Oh and btw...except of one exploration mission way back in the beginning where I needed some food or something (been so long I can't remember it now), you NEVER EVER EVER NEVER have to use any of those 'commodities' for anything else. I'm not even sure why they are in the game, frankly. They have no purpose it seems.