Lt. Commander
# 271
01-13-2010, 06:46 AM
All of the information listed for klingons on the original post for what they can spend their time doing (BGs, arena, leveling by pvp) can all also be done by federation, AND federation get a whole host of other pve content. My question is, how will klingon and federation be balanced against each other with klingon having the obviously more difficult time progressing through levels and content. It seems to me that klingons SHOULD be better than federation at all levels of the game assuming equal skill and levels, however, if this were the case, the federation's QQ would rain like tachyon from heaven in a never ending deluge.
Lt. Commander
# 272
01-13-2010, 09:07 PM
I had not read this article previously! But when I read : "Thatís not to say Klingons wonít be a robust faction. While they are PvP-focused, PvP in Star Trek Online is something we designed from the ground up to be a viable advancement path, meaning both Klingon and Federation players can reach a rank of Admiral solely through PvP." It really makes me ANGRY!!

What a steaming pile of Horse Excrement!! I can't decide if you people are STUPID, or just LAZY!! You really ought to rethink this... Because it's a Huge disservice to Star Trek Fans, and the IP itself.

That said, I understand it's allot of work to create this content. But YOU (the Cryptic Developers) are Not going to get any real respect by taking "half baked" shortcuts. Now get back to work!
Lt. Commander
# 273
01-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannyone View Post
I had not read this article previously! But when I read : "Thatís not to say Klingons wonít be a robust faction. While they are PvP-focused, PvP in Star Trek Online is something we designed from the ground up to be a viable advancement path, meaning both Klingon and Federation players can reach a rank of Admiral solely through PvP." It really makes me ANGRY!!

What a steaming pile of Horse Excrement!! I can't decide if you people are STUPID, or just LAZY!! You really ought to rethink this... Because it's a Huge disservice to Star Trek Fans, and the IP itself.

That said, I understand it's allot of work to create this content. But YOU (the Cryptic Developers) are Not going to get any real respect by taking "half baked" shortcuts. Now get back to work!

Yo stupid, read

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/War
Lt. Commander
# 274
01-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Okay I get that the Klongons are start-up characters. (I.E. don't carry over anything earned up to that point.)

What about this question:

Which of the "unique" items (joined Trill, USS Constitution, Borg BO, weapons, shields, etc.) can be used as a Klingon and which can not?

This is not covered by the FAQ.

Some of us are NOT in the open beta and would like to know whether STO is worth buying and investing our time in. As a Klingon only player I have my doubts.
Lt. Commander
# 275
01-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Okay, if anyone else is interested I got this from Cryptic.

-----Original Message-----
From: preordersto@crypticstudios.com [mailto:preordersto@crypticstudios.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:42 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STO Questions #73256] Pre-Order Exclusives

Greetings,

Our information indicates that Costume Based (TOS and DS9) perks will not
function for Klingons. Federation based ships will also not work. Currently,
those are the only Exclusives that are shown to have such a limitation.

Thank you for your interest in Star Trek Online.
Live long and prosper,
Cryptic Studio Support

On Thu Jan 14 14:15:13 2010, xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Which of the "unique" items (joined Trill, USS Constitution, Borg BO,
> weapons, shields, etc.) can be used as a Klingon and which can not?
>
> I donít see where the FAQ covers this.
>
> Thanks.
Lt. Commander
This appears to be the only thread in the "Federation News Network" specifically related to the Klingon Faction, so I have posted this "News" here for all of the Klingon players to view.

The POLL: Klingon Rank Structure Display Language is now live, please click HERE to view the poll thread, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 277
04-18-2010, 09:41 AM
What is the "vision" for Klingons? Where are they headed?

Since release the gap in content between 1st world Federation faction and 3rd world Klingon faction has widened (more Federation content has been made available than Klingon content). Is that expected to turn around? Will Klingons get content "equal" to what the federation has? (Equal doesn't mean identical, the "PvP faction" might have some specific PvP content that Feds don't.)

The most glaring is the coninuous stream of Federation character/ship customization when Klingons have very little of to begin with. WHY are the Feds getting so much added when the Klingons are bare bones? This situation bodes ill for the entire Klingon faction and is a reason for many people leaving.