Lt. Commander
I'm aware that you can fly any tier ship at high levels BUT you don't have the same number of consoles/weapon/device slots. But I was wondering if we will ever be able to fly lower tier ships without losing the available slots? In other words slots are dependent upon your rank rather than your ship.

The main purpose for me wanting this is for diversity and to be able to fly any ship without losing out - for instance flying the Nova Class at RA5 yet keeping my officer slots, device slots, weapon slots, upgrade slots...

Does anyone have an idea of whether this will be possible and if so when we can expect this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2010, 12:22 PM
in PvP, it might make the other side pause in laughter, just enough time for your teammates to out flank them.
jest in war has many potential outcomes, even though the majority are unfunny.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2010, 12:55 PM
I definatley want this as well.

Look at the Akira, its a joke, a Tier 3 ship, yet in terms of canon technology and advancement it belongs right up there with the same generation of ships as the sovereign.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Keeping Tier 5 BO skills alone would make smaller ships attractive but going in to a Tier 5 battle with an ensign special is self nerfing. We can put any weapons on our lower tier ships now. Its the loss of those BO skills and specials that made me dump my lower ships. Even in PvE where you auto level to 0 on any instance its fail from the get go.

Add on: it was still funny to see a T2 with 9K shields and AI trying to kill them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2010, 03:25 PM
the way i would have done it is add parts as you go along

as long as they kept it simple

i agree with the op -the early ships are easier to fly and slots easier to fig out etc
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Earth & Beyond had it right with the basic conept.
Ships that were upgraded both with more equipment slots and the ship model as you leveled up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-18-2010, 07:37 PM

This comes up every few days, we need to herd the responses toward one thread.

How about moving over to this discussion thread instead