Lt. Commander
I'm pretty excited about this, although it kills me that I already own every season and movie (having spent over $2000 collecting them).

It looks like pretty soon we'll be able to watch every Trek movie and possibly the shows on netflix insta-watch. They have WoK, SFS, TVH, and FC up now. Usually if they have the rights to some, then they have the rights to all, except maybe the new film. I hope the shows follow suit.

That way, for like $9 a month, we'll have the entire Trek archive instantly on our TV.

Pretty cool if you have roku, ps3, or xbox360 to play it on your tv.

Sorry if I sound like a netflix fan boy, but it's exciting

http://trekmovie.com/2010/04/10/star...ant-streaming/
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-17-2010, 11:47 PM
That is cool. I would sign up for that but I already have all of the Star Trek films. Maybe this would get some people into Star Trek if they only heard about the franchise.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-17-2010, 11:50 PM
I hadn't yet gotten around to upgrading my Stark Trek collection from VHS. Laziness added to the amount of money I spent on tapes while seeing the amount I'd need to spend on DVDs.

So wow, this news is great for me! I just purchased the new film on Zune awhile back for my XBox. And the epxerience I had with The Office seasons 1 through 5 with Netflix Instant ...

let's just say ... I'm excited!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I hadn't yet gotten around to upgrading my Stark Trek collection from VHS. Laziness added to the amount of money I spent on tapes while seeing the amount I'd need to spend on DVDs.

So wow, this news is great for me! I just purchased the new film on Zune awhile back for my XBox. And the epxerience I had with The Office seasons 1 through 5 with Netflix Instant ...

let's just say ... I'm excited!
Yeah I really love the Office. It's a show that I wouldn't have watched or bought, but since it's on instant play, I checked it out an loved it.

15 days watching all 5 seasons on netflix = $4
Having to buy the seasons at $30 a pop = $150

Cable and DVD sales are going to plummet once older people learn about the benefits of high speed internet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Awesome news!

I've been with Netflix for years, but never tried their instant play until recently. I only have a 900k DSL connection.

I was surprised at the quality of the video on full screen even on my connection. It's very good even when my wife's online playing CO at the same time. Now I'm going through a lot of old TV series I've missed.

I'm turning into a Netflix junkie.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Yeah I really love the Office. It's a show that I wouldn't have watched or bought, but since it's on instant play, I checked it out an loved it.

15 days watching all 5 seasons on netflix = $4
Having to buy the seasons at $30 a pop = $150

Cable and DVD sales are going to plummet once older people learn about the benefits of high speed internet.
Yup. I'd missed out on it while it was really building up its fanbase. But then watched a few on netflix, got totally into it and bam ... all five seasons done. The cost analysis is really what makes it so awesome.

It's why even just having access to those Trek films is a great thing. But the thought of eventually being able to watch the various series on it ... makes my pulse race.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle View Post
Awesome news!

I've been with Netflix for years, but never tried their instant play until recently. I only have a 900k DSL connection.

I was surprised at the quality of the video on full screen even on my connection. It's very good even when my wife's online playing CO at the same time. Now I'm going through a lot of old TV series I've missed.

I'm turning into a Netflix junkie.

900k is more than enough for Netflix Streaming. I used to have a 768k Connection and it was flawless. Now I have a 1.5mb connection and the quality is much better but the same rock solid flawlessness.

I'm glad that Trek stuff is hitting NetFlix Streaming.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-18-2010, 10:50 PM
There's a disk for Wii now, too. My wife wanted to move my PS3 into the living room for netflix...now I don't have to.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-18-2010, 10:57 PM
I'll be interested when they get Voyager (and some of TNG) as those are the ones I don't have on DVD (yeah...got everything else...all movies, all of TOS, DS9, and ENT, eeesh).