Lt. Commander
# 11
04-18-2010, 11:59 AM
+40 enemies is one thing. But fightig Terran Empire instead of Hirogen in Psi [Veloris whatshisname] is another thing. It seems I can't enter Enemy Contacts there that are already in a fight. Or rather; I enter some enemy contact mission, but it's not the one advertised...

For the actual matter at hand -I thought they wanted to do a level-banding feature - that should give everyone an instance within his level range. Seems that's still not working right.

Maybe the sidekick feature will help here? One can only hope..
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
You can just go in and fly around in the low level explore zones and farm the anomolies easliy.. no combat required.
Yeah, but the base items can only be obtained atm by farming in appropriate DSE's or on the Exchange. When the crafting update comes out vendors should be selling the base items, so it shouldn't be an issue after that.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Honestly I like going in DSEs below my level. Its the only way to get crafting items of lower levels. Sure it sucks a bit for lower level players, so I try to avoid it during high frequented play times, but I really don't want to pay ridicolous prices for a mark II phaser bank or something.
I change instances before the timer resets and that seems to keep the DSE from scaling to my level. I'd feel bad if I inadvertently ganked all the lowbies.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
Then you should be happy that the DP is optional for those of you to used to an easy ride. While people wishing to have a bit of a challenge can turn it on.
Ahh but it is not optional grasshopper.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-18-2010, 06:54 PM
from my testing on tribble, deep space encounters (where anyone can join and leave) is not affected by dp. i let myself die 4 times in them and never had a debuff, i was set on elite difficulty.

i am assuming it is only enabled for missions
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't mind either way. Sure, it is easier with enemies of lesser strength. But if some RA5 wants to come in and rank up the enemies, it still counts as a completion regardless how many times I die. I don't know if this will be effected by DPs however.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-18-2010, 08:49 PM
OP might want to remove the profanity from his post before Cryptic does.

Yes, it's because high level folks are in there, because they're not skilled enough players to do the DSEs in their own areas. Cryptic's working on a fix already.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2010, 09:28 PM
That explains why I kept getting ganked by +33 enemies in every damn instance. I changed instances when I saw a level 40 player (when I suspected it was maybe scaling) but I wouldn't be alone in an instance for long. There was only two of us but with me a Lietnant Commander 2 and him a RearAdmiral it would allways scale to where he was fine and I would die almost instantly. It ruined it for me.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
OP might want to remove the profanity from his post before Cryptic does.

Yes, it's because high level folks are in there, because they're not skilled enough players to do the DSEs in their own areas. Cryptic's working on a fix already.
Epic Fail post...

They are there to farm white equipment drops for 'crafting', not to grief lower level players. Make these items required for crafting available from vendors and the problem goes away...

That or the low levels should sell these on the exchange for REASONABLE prices.. 100k to 1mil energy credits on a mark IV, VI, VIII white items?
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-18-2010, 11:38 PM
There are NPC vendors you can buy low level stuff from.

They should create separate instances for ships of vastly disparate level. More, they need to stop the loadganking. It's especially annoying when you can't respond because your officer has popped up a window to chat with you.

"Excuse me, mister Engineer, but I'll talk to you after we fight off the 6 battleships, 9 frigates and 6 cruisers..."