Lt. Commander
# 51
04-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_K7
Wow.

This guy irons his underwear. Seriously.

Thank you so much to Harryhausen and Maxmagic and others rallying some support.

FYI - <redacted because I feel like it> should be up and running by 5:00pm EST tomorrow.

Then I can wash my hands of all the knuckle-draggers on this sorry forum and it's affiliated MMO

I'm out.
It's one thing to badmouth on a game's Forums.

It's the same thing to badmouth on other people's Forums.

It's quite ANOTHER thing to set up a complete site devoted to bashing something. These days, depending on content and/or intent of the posts, that could either lead to a libel suit (if Cryptic feels like it, and can show that they were "defamed or materially damaged" by the content of your site - OR, if it escalates to threats against employees of Cryptic, criminal proceedings.

SUch things these days are not taken as lightly as they were even two years ago - and slander sites have gone sued before judges (I remember one where a lawyer's wife slandered him hard after their divorce - and he sued. Won it, too - she was forced to pay restitution, and the site was taken down). There ARE limits to free speech, you know - it's only the FEDERAL government that's prohibited from interfering. State and local governments (and law enforcement agents) are NOT.

If I was you, I'd take a day to cool down before you do something stupid - oh wait, it's too late if you're coding the site already. Oh well - ya does the deed, ya pays your price. Hope you can pay it...

EDIT: Found this for you - I suggest you read it:
Article at Lawyers.com regarding online defamation/libel
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_K7
Wow.

This guy irons his underwear. Seriously.

Thank you so much to Harryhausen and Maxmagic and others rallying some support.

FYI - StarTrekOnlineSucks.com should be up and running by 5:00pm EST tomorrow.

Then I can wash my hands of all the knuckle-draggers on this sorry forum and it's affiliated MMO

I'm out.
I bet your forums won't have bridge functionality before STO has it.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-18-2010, 11:28 PM
I just love how people complain about this not being "Their" Star Trek game. Well it isn't mine either but I still play it... because its fun.

You didn't have fun? Fine, no reason to make a big deal out of it and post about it on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-18-2010, 11:30 PM
why do people keep using perpetuals Startrek online "slides" as evidence they were going to do a much better game. PERPETUAL LIED they did it to get massive funding they didnt do any work on the game and produced pre rendered shots.

After they received the extra cash from investers they folded the company and transfered all the assets to another company. I actually think the court case is still going on regarding the unpaid staff wages and the misrepresentation of goods.

So remember this Perpetual LIED had ZERO work completed and managed to maintain that lie for the time they held the startrek online license.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-18-2010, 11:31 PM
There is a interview someplace with the former head of perpetual where he mentioned STO uses a lot of the assets Perpetual "had"
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox of the house of Vox
I searched your entire post only to try and find a misspelled word so I can say you misspelled <"word">

sadly I found nothing...
Actually he used "waporizes" when the word is vaproizes.

Reminds me of people who say "Rewamp" instead of Revamp.. Rewamp isn't a real word, and neither is Waproizes.

but getting back on topic...

If the OP read the TOS for the boards, discussion of moderation is a violation subject to infraction / ban.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-18-2010, 11:47 PM
still, peptulian did'nt give us a st game, cryptic did.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-19-2010, 12:07 AM
I will take you up on that dare The_K7 and leave this thread up.

I am all for constructive criticism. I love civil discussions on the direction STO should go, but that is not what this post is.

I am now locking this thread.
Closed Thread