04-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Commander-Of-Daedalus
There Moto is So Say We All
SO SAY WE ALL!
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-18-2010, 11:15 PM
intresting thing is that some of it are coming.
Since everything that happend with the previus developer happend, we should be happy that cryptic decided to take it on and work with it, we got an st mmo, now they need time to work on a game they where forced to relase quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Cryptic's Reply: Take a Frellin Hike.

j/k
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Lakewood View Post
Frack you cryptic!

Star trek is about space exploration
It is about the journey not battle after battle.
You don’t know sh*t about star trek and you have helped further damage star trek -like that awful movie that that just came out.

This is the worst massive multiplayer I have ever had the misfortune to mess with .
Not only have you tainted the Star Trek universe with a horrid game but you completely blew the chance to do something great.

Can we beam down and explore a planet and learn about a new culture or discover some ancient computer ? No instead we have to beam down and shoot everything that moves

I tell you that the 25th anniversary 3rd person game(came out in the 90s) was more entertaining! You explored you have to get facts and figure out puzzles….
Nothing in this game is like that.!

Have any of you idiots over at cryptic even looked at one old TOS episode!
You need to! Trek is always about exploration first! Reasoning and diplomacy self exploration- Not this crap you are selling. Hell this is not even good enough for the Battletech universe let alone Star Trek.

Not every episode is a battle with the gorn on cestys 3! Most episodes are much more complex… Like when they beamed down and found a hollow asteroid and a people controlled by a maniacal computer for hundreds of years.
Or the Edith Keeler Must die episode.

Sci fi is not just laser beams and melee battles it is mostly cerebral and Trek is the pinnacle of that.

If you someday make a game where we can sit down in the captain’s chair, give orders explore the ship – explore space and navigate to other worlds and such then let me know
For now -this is not star trek this is some fracked up melee game that unfortunately looks like Star Trek and SUCKS

Frack you Cryptic! This goes from receptionist at the front desk to the dork that serves the coffee . YOU ALL SUCK FOR MAKING THIS HORRID ABORTION THAT IS NOT STAR TREK!
You're right: STO doesn't have Wesley Crusher; TNG did.

Cryptic: 1; Canon: 0
Leeds United: ∞
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

Leeds?

MANCHESTER UNITED!
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Though he could have said it better, he does have a point.

It would be nice to have other kinds of things to do. Puzzles to solve on away missions. I mean, it's a nice break to occasionally get a mission to wander around scanning things, but some random complications or more involved mechanisms would be very welcome.

And I actually don't WANT your stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
You DO know that the costume designer for ST:TOS OPERATED on the principle that "The sexiness of an outfit is directly proportional to the possibility that some of it might fall off.", right?

It's called the Theiss Titillation Theory for just that reason. ALL the costumes (yes, even the female Bridge Officers - there's a reason for those miniskirts other than 60's fashion). Same with the flimsy materiel of the male uniform shirts...

That's for TOS. Theiss didn't do any work on TNG or the movies, which is why the clothes are more unisexual and FAR more rugged than anything in TOS.
Actually ST V had Uhura in a Mini-skirt TWOK Uniform.. and she did a full nude dance scene.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Can't really disagree with the OP as this game is just a generic FPS with a tacky space combat sim bolted on....
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

Oh man why did u mention him.... now the devs might throw him in the game

I even cringed when i saw WW in The Big Bang!
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Quote:
This goes from receptionist at the front desk to the dork that serves the coffee.
Now that isn't fair. I am sure that if you give Stacy a chance you will love her cappuccinos.

We appreciate the feedback that captain_lakewood has provided but this threads like this encourage flames over civil discussion so I will be locking it.
Closed Thread