Lt. Commander
That has to be the jankiest piece of half a$$ level design Ive ever seen. Im on a quest, the same old window comes up telling me to explore this seemingly wide open system and then, "oh noes Captain, enemy signatures detected!" and a flock of Fed ships just appear out in front of me...I guess it could be explained away as "mask energy signature"(not that the BO would say anything about to close the gapping plot hole), but come on, give us some kind of graphic(not the cloak animation), that suggests its some tactic being used.

Instead, it just looks like lazy level design and crap-tastic post-development(who is handling quality control?). At least you guys has enough sense to have distant ground NPC spawns have a tranporter beam down special effect.

Come on guys, tidy things up. Give us a warp in animation for the space NPCs, have them spawn in behind a large asteroid or moon/planetoid, so it looks like they were concealing their presence for an ambush, or that they werent detected earlier because they happen to be behind the large body(so both parties are surprised). Get creative, follow through, check your work...geesh!

But dont try and use my Mask Energy Signature excuse...why have the Feds mask their signature, but dont even have the Romulans cloak...ever!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2010, 12:49 AM
short development time = craptastic features
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2010, 01:29 AM
I just had an Undine cruiser appear within 10km of me...right out in front of me. They might as well pour their garbage out on their front lawn too.