Lt. Commander
# 11
04-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
Very cool, been struggling to match the colors. One thing though -
for the "Science team blue" and "Medical Blue-green variant" under the TNG section, you have both of them circled for the same shade of blue on the color picker. It's marked right on the TNG Movie version, just a little goof on the TNG regular section.
Thanks for putting the time in for this.
I'll fix that shortly. Edit: That problem is now fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minston View Post
Did you know that actually the TOS "gold" was greenish? The lighting and film stock resulted in it appearing goldish on screen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfleet_uniforms

Yes. Chartreuse. Really.
I know. That's why I included the Captain's Variant Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Thank you very much for this Blackavaar!

I have problems correctly seeing red/green, so as you can imagine I've had an extremely difficult time getting my characters' and bridge officers' uniform colors right. I'll be using your guide to fix everyone's uniforms over the next week or so.

So thank you again Blackavaar.
You're very welcome.

Lt. Commander
# 12
04-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Apparently I also have a problem distinguishing blue and green. I've never, during all the years of watching DS9 and VOY, noticed a difference in the science/medical uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinthok View Post
Apparently I also have a problem distinguishing blue and green. I've never, during all the years of watching DS9 and VOY, noticed a difference in the science/medical uniforms.
There is a slight difference. You can see it in the Memory Alpha Article: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_uniforms Check the Sciences section.

The article seems to indicate, however, that the change was time based. The article on this era also confirms that: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfle...-2370s)#Type_B
That article also states, interestingly, that the yellows for operations and security were slightly different.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-19-2010, 06:59 PM
anyway to get this stickied to the top of the forum?
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

I know. That's why I included the Captain's Variant Green.
Wasn't criticising, was just something I found interesting. I never really saw them as anything but gold (actually, now that I'm watching the remastered episodes, in some of them you CAN tell), and they did change it to gold eventually when that's what everyone was seeing anyway. There were also some beige turtleneck-style tops in the earliest "filmed" episodes apparently (Where No Man Has Gone Before for example). I'm actually writing a blog, reviewing each episode as I watch them, so its kinda interesting to see the differences between episodes.

Keep up the great work!
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
anyway to get this stickied to the top of the forum?
Maybe. We'll have to see if any of the mods like it enough to do that.

Lt. Commander
# 17
04-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minston View Post
Wasn't criticising, was just something I found interesting. I never really saw them as anything but gold (actually, now that I'm watching the remastered episodes, in some of them you CAN tell), and they did change it to gold eventually when that's what everyone was seeing anyway. There were also some beige turtleneck-style tops in the earliest "filmed" episodes apparently (Where No Man Has Gone Before for example). I'm actually writing a blog, reviewing each episode as I watch them, so its kinda interesting to see the differences between episodes.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks! I will.

Lt. Commander
# 18
04-21-2010, 11:15 AM
I am working on a single image version of the guide now. I will post it here as soon as I am finished.

Lt. Commander
# 19
04-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
There is a slight difference. You can see it in the Memory Alpha Article: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_uniforms Check the Sciences section.

The article seems to indicate, however, that the change was time based. The article on this era also confirms that: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfle...-2370s)#Type_B
That article also states, interestingly, that the yellows for operations and security were slightly different.
I neither see the difference nor do I find any reference to the blue/green distinction in the articles you linked. All it says is that the DS9/VOY science uniform (referred to as Type B) was called blue but was actually a shade of green. It's comprehensively referred to as sciences uniform and, telling from the pictures tacitly includes medical staff. So clearly, there's no distinction. Am I the only one to think so?
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinthok View Post
I neither see the difference nor do I find any reference to the blue/green distinction in the articles you linked. All it says is that the DS9/VOY science uniform (referred to as Type B) was called blue but was actually a shade of green. It's comprehensively referred to as sciences uniform and, telling from the pictures tacitly includes medical staff. So clearly, there's no distinction. Am I the only one to think so?
TNG, and to some extent DS9, made no distinction with the colour of the uniforms. Doctor Crusher's uniform appears to be actually blue rather than blue/green: Medical 1, Medical 2 and Medical 3. But another doctor seen in the show wears the blue/green version: Medical 4. Then there were some uniforms seen for other science divisions where they appear to be the blue/green colour uniforms: Science.

The best thing to do is just pick the colour you like most and run with it