Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
04-20-2010, 05:12 AM
Because you have ATI?

We may never know what is causing the overheating, one thing is sure it is not the GPUs fault in our case... I have tried 5 GPUs at this point (All misc 280, 285s and a 295) They have all over heated while playing STO...
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomasach View Post
If STO is to blame for the heat, why is it that i can play with almost 0 crash and i am running the game with a standard Computer? I started playing the day open beta started with the same hardware. I only updated Windows and the video driver. The CPU i have is a Core2Duo E8400 and the video card is a Radeon HD3850 (PCI-E) 512 Mo. Nothing is overclocked and setting are almost all at max in 1680*1050. Oh yeah i forgot to say i have Vista 64 Ultimate and 4 Go of memory and only air cooled. The setting are set for quality not speed

If you have a faster card than mine and it is overheating should not mine be on fire also?
Because you have an ATI card, the over-heating problem is due to Nvidias drivers, not the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
Because you have ATI?

We may never know what is causing the overheating, one thing is sure it is not the GPUs fault in our case... I have tried 5 GPUs at this point (All misc 280, 285s and a 295) They have all over heated while playing STO...
I take it you'v tried different video drivers, if not try updating.

First, Download and install Driver Cleaner Pro [ Free]

Then uninstall the old Nvidia Drivers via the add/remove ( XP ) Programs and Features ( Win 7 )

Then, Open Driver Cleaner Pro, select Nvidia to clean, and press the "Clean" button, then

Restart and install the new driver

If you can't find a free download for Driver Cleaner, I have @ my site, http://play3r.ca/FreeStuff/