Lt. Commander
I know where to find my current hull repair rate, crew memeber recovery rate, weapons damage, etc. Where can is my current shield regeneration rate, one that is current to my ship's shield type, power level, skill, ranking, etc.?

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2010, 07:33 AM
I think you are referring to the ship shield's regen rate, correct? If so I'm not sure if you can find it anywhere in the menus (haven't cared to look) but your shield power level affects your shields regen rate. At shield power of 50 the regen rate is 100%, at 75 it's 200%, 100 it's 300%, and 125 it's 400%. I am pretty sure this is correct. Therefore if you have a normal Covariant Mk X shield with normal regen of 131 (I believe) then the power level will modify that number. Therefore at power level 50 the shields regen at 131/tick, at 75 it's 262/tick, at 100 it's 393/tick, and at 125 it's 524/tick. Again I THINK this is how it works but i am not 100% certain.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2010, 07:34 AM
This is not listed vis the Ship Stats. May be added later, I hope, since this is an important stat for some players. The shield console should give you the base value. With engineering console that improve shield regen, and the unknown effect of high power levels on shield regen it is hard to say what the final value is actually. Science ships do have higher shield values, but not sure if they also gain higher regen as well.

This would be a useful stat to have IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixace View Post
I think you are referring to the ship shield's regen rate, correct? ...
Yes, sorry, I'm looking for the regeneration rate, I'll go up and edit my phrasing. I knew about the 25 power = half base rate, 50 power = base, 75 = double, 100 = triple, thanks. I'd like to know for sure what the ratings are at any given setting. For example: When I'm in attack mode my current shield power is 69/50, but after using various abilities or when recovering from full impulse, etc. those numbers change. And while I can quickly see my power level and other stats, in combat I can't stop to do the maths to figure my rate. And do different skills affect the rate? And as D0L13N mentions, there are consoles and sci ship types, etc. I mean they have the stats for most all else visible, I'd like to hope they had (or perhaps will so add, I hope), my current Shield Regeneration Rate.

Also, sometimes (especially after a Borg attack), it seems as though my shields aren't regenerating at all. I mean I'm not glowing red or have green color/symbols on my ship so it would seem to me their shield sucky attacks are done. The battle is over and I switch to Defense to quickly regen my shields (at which point I'm 112/100), but my shield bars don't seem to thicken. I wish I could see a stat that says 5% recovery/second or something. It would better help me figure out what exactly is wrong (is it a bug and/or is there a power I have to trigger to "cure" myself of whatever is ailing me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0L13N
This is not listed vis the Ship Stats. May be added later, I hope, since this is an important stat for some players... This would be a useful stat to have IMHO.
I feared it wasn't to be found (I couldn't find it on my own, anyway). I agree, it would be a useful stat to have.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
I really hope they add a dynamic tool tip to shields.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-23-2010, 07:02 AM
I'm happy to note that Dstahl has heard our request and sent it to the appropriate party:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Please add the one's current Shield Regeneration Rate as a viewable stat
This has been forwarded to the UI tooltips guru.