Lt. Commander
# 1 Was this announced?
04-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Up till about a month ago (when I went on vacation), everytime I did one of the "scan debris" ground missions that included antagonists it was very rare not to end up fighting my way through them at each objective. No matter how sneaky I tried to be, it always seemed that the enemies would have the objectives surrounded to the point that I could not approach from any direction without instigating a slaughterfest.

Then I go on vacation for three weeks and upon my return this week when I play it seems something has changed. Now it looks like there is always a way to sneak around them. In maybe 6 'scan debris' missions I've had this week only once was an objective completely surrounded. But even that time I did manage to sneak close enough to scan it before the shooting started and I had to kill six Mirror Universe TE's.

Just wondering if cryptic had made a change to placate those of us who like the Federation being filled with warm and fuzzy pacifist do-gooders... or am I just getting lucky?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2010, 11:41 PM
I've noticed the exploration mission mix had gone heavily against combat lately. I did not see it announced, but I have noticed it in game.

I think they are responding to all the comments on here about the game being too combat orientated, and people are clamoring for real exploration missions. The problem is that just modifying the mix to spit out more of their "scan anomalous data 0/6" and those types are not real exploration missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Honestly, I don't know. If something has changed according to the placement of mobs, I didn't realize it until now. Obviously, my team has been trained far too much in butchering every single lifeform in the zone that I stopped thinking about sneaking around.

I have to try that and cut back the bloodthirst of my crew, if you are right!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Yeah, the Cruize-n-Snooz missions noticably suck in comparison now. I'm pretty jazzed about the ability to slink by 'enemies' to complete missions though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2010, 11:48 PM
I noticed this too and I kinda hope they have accolades for things like doing X numbers of these missions with no shots fired once accolades go live.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2010, 11:52 PM
I've noticed this myself.

I got the ground mission to scan 5 objects. I scanned the first one, then got the message from my BO - "sir we're detecting transporter signals".

Cue my banging my head against my desk at yet another Wild West shoot out.

Then to my surprise, I realized I could sneak past virtually all the mobs.

Thinking it was a fluke, I tried it again the next time I got the same type mission and It worked again. I can now act more like a Starfleet officer and less like Billy the Kid
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I would see it as a good thing to have the non-fighting option to complete the missions, if it indead working as intended.

Being able to accomplish the same goal through non-comabt means should be encouraged, and rewarded appropriately considering you will miss out on skill points and loot.