# 21
04-22-2010, 10:24 AM
And I finished the wallpaper.

I added it to the OP as well.

Enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 22
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
This really should be stickied. I wanted to match the colors of my outfit and knew this post was here but since there was an influx of people not playing STO and playing the forums, this topic got buried. Its really useful for those wanting to make their uniforms authentic.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-22-2010, 11:02 AM
And thank you so much for making this. Its one of the most useful topics on here.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdecardo View Post
And thank you so much for making this. Its one of the most useful topics on here.
Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

Lt. Commander
# 25
04-22-2010, 11:37 AM
you realize the WoK uniforms also had red gold blue and green turtlenecks and trim also
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-22-2010, 11:42 AM
By the way, just got done using this to alter the colors of my Boff's uniforms, and while saving some screenshots I realized that no matter what i did, that color picker UI wouldn't show up in the screenshot. Mind telling me how you did that? Was it an external program like Fraps? Trying to figure out which hair color matches an RGB value and I thought that screenshotting that UI might help.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
you realize the WoK uniforms also had red gold blue and green turtlenecks and trim also
I only modeled the versions that appeared in the Wrath of Khan film. For some reason I can't remember the variants you are describing from the movies. I'll have to go back and watch them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
By the way, just got done using this to alter the colors of my Boff's uniforms, and while saving some screenshots I realized that no matter what i did, that color picker UI wouldn't show up in the screenshot. Mind telling me how you did that? Was it an external program like Fraps? Trying to figure out which hair color matches an RGB value and I thought that screenshotting that UI might help.
Type /screenshot_UI and press Enter. Voila!

Lt. Commander
# 28
04-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
TNG, and to some extent DS9, made no distinction with the colour of the uniforms. Doctor Crusher's uniform appears to be actually blue rather than blue/green: Medical 1, Medical 2 and Medical 3. But another doctor seen in the show wears the blue/green version: Medical 4. Then there were some uniforms seen for other science divisions where they appear to be the blue/green colour uniforms: Science.

The best thing to do is just pick the colour you like most and run with it
But I was talking about the later uniforms with the colored shoulders, not Dr. Crusher's.

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks this is wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

Type /screenshot_UI and press Enter. Voila!

when I use "Screenshot_UI", it doesn't capture the selection boxes, just the blue editing background and the character I'm editing. just "Screenshot" captures my captain standing in front of the tailor.

Oh well, i'll keep trying. Thanks for answering.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinthok View Post
But I was talking about the later uniforms with the colored shoulders, not Dr. Crusher's.

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks this is wrong?
I've noticed these differences in episodes of Voyager and DS9 from time to time. There is no clear reason why there is a difference in the shades of blue, but there is a difference. Just use the color you prefer and leave it at that.

Personally I like being able to easily identify my Medical Officer from my Science Officer at a glance.

----------------------------------

By the way, how do you all like the wallpaper version I made? Is it easy enough to read? Could I make any improvements? Let me know.