Lt. Commander
# 11
04-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
You need science team now to counter subnucleonic beam. SNB will kill your buffs, you can't counter that, but also increase all cooldowns of all abilities greatly - which you can counter with science team. (my SNB increases cooldowns by 245% for every skill used the next, I think it was 40seconds)

And of course you still need it against Jam Sensors and scramble sensors.

You could change from 2 science teams to 1, but would keep the 1.

Good to know. What is the game image of the subnucleonic beam? Some guy in PvP last night had some sort of blue funnel going from his ship to my engines, any idea what that was and how to counter it? Also, is there some way to find out what powers are being used against you? The combat chat window goes too fast to read in PvP.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandelero
Good to know. What is the game image of the subnucleonic beam? Some guy in PvP last night had some sort of blue funnel going from his ship to my engines, any idea what that was and how to counter it? Also, is there some way to find out what powers are being used against you? The combat chat window goes too fast to read in PvP.

Thanks!
SNB is an invisible god ray that instantly hits the target, upon impact it will display a purple clock of doom.. It sets all the cooldowns to a set duration. There is no way to counter it at this time (can't wait for tribble to hit live, then I'll update my counters guide, this time i promise)
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Some guy in PvP last night had some sort of blue funnel going from his ship to my engines, any idea what that was and how to counter it?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=150840

Sounds like energy syphon.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah its energy syphon.

And faithborn SNB is a blue/violet beam shooting the enemy and then the violet clock appears. But as soon as you see the beam its applied anyway. I am just stating this to sound clever.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Cool, now since one of the main reasons for taking Science Team was to counter Viral Matrix, does it still make sense to have it and if so why?

Thanks!
I'd definitely keep SciTeam for the shield heal. I run 2x SciTeam II, for the shield heal alone. The fact that it (currently) counters VM/Sci debuffs, adds a damn good resistance bonus, and +Starship Ops is just icing on the cake.