Lt. Commander
# 1 Borgs and The Cure Issues
04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Finnaly completed the cure. Pretty rough run really. I ran the combat logs for half the ground mission and the final space battle to get a little more intel on the borg. I started logging after we downed the second set of generators.

Damage out put issues.
that situation where you just start dying and there is nothing you can do about it?
1. assimilated
again ignores shields average damage 20-40 a second no counter, (this can be done at range from medical and infected drones) (38 kills recorded) this accounted for 1/3 of all deaths
2. force plasma beam extrodinary number of criticals average damage per hit 500-800 (28 recorded kills)

3. stuns, roots, and holds are out of control. (2100 listed events )
4. Borg Shield removal (3308 listed events)

Space combat only showed one really glaring irregularity
Plasma fire from borg hip does 146-332 damage a second.
plasma fire from player ships 18-44 damage per second.

Valuable Information on Borg weaponry.
Plasma and physical damage seem to be the only types of weapons used that you can defend against.
Plasma weapoons on average did better than any other damage type.
Bat'leths are a weapon of choice if you have a healer (do NOT melee infected unless they are stunned)

I will attempt to do a little more gleaning fo the log and post any future information here as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2010, 04:46 AM
nice info

just finished this on saturday night. after 5 hours, i didnt pull my log
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2010, 08:38 PM
My team and I just tried Cure, got the second set of transformers (with four) and had to stop, was taking far to long. Very stupid to throw in Elites, the hold/stuns and whatever are WAY to frequent and it takes far to little for the borg to take the transmiters down.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2010, 05:44 AM
Did it for the first time last night in a PUG (3 first timers, 2 very experienced Cure/STF players) and completed in just under 2.5 hours and that included one drop where we had to get another (10 mins or so). Breakdown was roughly: Space 1: 10 mins, Ground: ~2 hours, Space 2: 15 mins.

The only irritating part was the last shield generator where we had to keep the Worker Drones off while some stupid Elite are pounding on you. The last shield took 5-6 tries. In general there are a tad too many borg but it's nothing you can't handle with some decent players.

The last ground boss - we set up in a large clearly and one person pulled him to the opening. Really no trouble with him but then again the experienced Sci officer tanked him solo while the other four of us just pounded away.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2010, 10:02 AM
after you have run it once and developed tactics it becomes easier. I wanted to address some of the issues that seemed a bit out of the norm so people could be prepared.
plasma resists help aaaalot.
there is no equipment to help with resists for radiation or the borg infection other than tribbles and max you can get there is 5%
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-22-2010, 08:10 PM
did infected and part of the cure today.

if u did infected and read here "elites" dont think those are these soloable elite tactical drones, oh no. in the cure they have roughly doubled shields.

so 7,9k instead of 4k.

and of course they (and the others) saw the cooldown of the abilities on their brothers and sisters in infected and decided to assimilate it or something.

i like challenges, but being rooted, shield drained and sucked dry of hp at the same time isnt nice anymore.

btw: any tips on the last space part? killing the assimilated carrier with 1.4 million hull in 30 minutes?

(and i thought 3 carriers in a 5vs5 pvp map were bad -.-)
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-23-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisbrecher2
btw: any tips on the last space part? killing the assimilated carrier with 1.4 million hull in 30 minutes?
Focus fire from close distance. As far as I heard, a lot of teams do it in well under 10 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-23-2010, 07:22 AM
I see people being careless and getting assimilated all the time. Its really annoying because its so easy to avoid. STAY OUT OF MELEE! And if you can't stay out of melee due to the absurd amount of roots, use your palm strike/rifle butt to interrupt and buy time. A stun pistol is an excellent secondary stun too. No the bat'leth is not a good choice for any Borg but the various types of tacticals or bosses because of that single reason.

If you ARE assimilated, then the surefire way to survive is to have a medic on the team, and make sure they heal you quickly. No their heals won't work well since you'll only get 25% of it, but that heal comes with a very good resist component which will slow the damage you take.

Also proto drones are the most dangerous ranged drones to my knowledge. Kill them when they spawn because they do big damage and have a lot of knockback attacks.