Lt. Commander
# 41
04-22-2010, 09:30 AM
BTW, when are we gonna get a fullscreen option to these videos?
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Jolan'tru Cryptic that was a great video.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-22-2010, 11:11 AM
und-ine?! thought it was un-dine :O
Lt. Commander
I'm just getting so fed up and bored with these Fleet Actions no one will take you on unless you have completed loads of times, I have Done Infected and The Cure... but this 3rd with the Time Travel is a pain no one is willing to be that friendly and explain things to you OR they refuse to have you on a team because you don't have VENT or TS - I do hope these Fleet Actions are not part of the main campaign when and if they release a load more mission story base like the whole game was prior to the Borg Fleet Actions... spending 2 to 5 hours doing a mission its just absolutely blooming well freaking annoying, I want to be able to get on here do missions have fun and play in team based missions instead I'm sat here hours on end waiting for a team and by the time I join a team I've lost all interest in it!!! I love this game its amazing but lately its just become to much, to much time required not enough friendly people to cut you slack and the levels are far to long now adays... I've gone back and started again with a Liberated Borg Human as an Engineer instead of playing my RA5 Benzite Tactical Officer because there far to many Tactical officers and not enough Sci or Eng to do these borg missions with!
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeoace View Post
I'm just getting so fed up and bored with these Fleet Actions no one will take you on unless you have completed loads of times, I have Done Infected and The Cure... but this 3rd with the Time Travel is a pain no one is willing to be that friendly and explain things to you OR they refuse to have you on a team because you don't have VENT or TS - I do hope these Fleet Actions are not part of the main campaign when and if they release a load more mission story base like the whole game was prior to the Borg Fleet Actions... spending 2 to 5 hours doing a mission its just absolutely blooming well freaking annoying, I want to be able to get on here do missions have fun and play in team based missions instead I'm sat here hours on end waiting for a team and by the time I join a team I've lost all interest in it!!! I love this game its amazing but lately its just become to much, to much time required not enough friendly people to cut you slack and the levels are far to long now adays... I've gone back and started again with a Liberated Borg Human as an Engineer instead of playing my RA5 Benzite Tactical Officer because there far to many Tactical officers and not enough Sci or Eng to do these borg missions with!
+1 in total agreement. STF's are great for those who have the time and interest. I hope they don't become the focus of mission expansion.
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the video. Might want to add a news section or an ability to watch these STO videos in game. I am sure a lot of people might skip the website and not even notice what you have created here.

If you just play the game and don't chat with a lot of people you may not even know what Special Task Forces are. So maybe a video explaining those and how to get started in them is in order.
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwraith View Post
+1 in total agreement. STF's are great for those who have the time and interest. I hope they don't become the focus of mission expansion.
Finding a way to make it a difficult challenge and yet available to everyone is a magic trick that is probably not possible. I personally just want a lot of other types of content as I simply get tired of fighting all the time.

Some ideas for expanding content were mentioned here if you want examples to make current and future missions more interesting.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=124944

There are some tricks they might try that I have never seend done before. Maybe if players have never completed the mission before they get some super special advantage for the first few times through. This way the hard core types might be willing to grab a fresh entry to the challenge and have them tag along.
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Well I for one would prefer to be allies instead of whatever it was you just said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaric_Kell
The reasoning behind 8472 re-name is simple:
I am the most loyal ally you could ask for, but try to stab me in the back, and you'll find out what exists or does not exist beyond our mortal plane, I've already crossed that barrier and survived it twice without losing memories or suffering brain damage from being dead by physical terms for about 1-1/2 minutes each time...If you work with me and not against me, you have nothing to fear and everything to gain from my experience...