Lt. Commander
# 11
04-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybole
I was hoping for such a mission--where you might be faced with yourself. It would be a hilarious situation, and a tough one (as the AI has access to everything you have on your ship; you have no upper edge on a ship of your own strength except your wits--and hopefully, your Federation convictions).
I don't see a strength in those Fed/SF convictions, more an... annoying hindrance. ^^
Apparently, a Terran Empire Faction appears really attractive to many players, including myself. And it should be relatively easy to implement, compared to a completely new one. All the same ships, stations, races, no additional balance issues... hey Cryptic, hope that wasn't too subtle?
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM
I have to admit when it came down to shooting down those runabouts I was really hopeing they made it and opened the wormhole to the Empire.Of course I also wanted to destroy Empok Nor instead of just taking out her turrets
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybole
I was hoping for such a mission--where you might be faced with yourself. It would be a hilarious situation, and a tough one (as the AI has access to everything you have on your ship; you have no upper edge on a ship of your own strength except your wits--and hopefully, your Federation convictions).
No thanks. That got done enough in Starfleet Command, that I really wouldn't care much for it getting done here. Was more than enough that they brought the overdone TE into the game, rather than putting in another faction that didn't have much (or any) screen time. Like the Kzinthi and/or Lyrans. Or the Andromedans, who would have been my personal choice.

It's fun to see a couple episodes on a series when the cast gets to have a lot of fun with their parts (hey, even Voyager had an episode where they got to play darker, more sadistic versions of themselves), but in a game, it's just excessive.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
No thanks. That got done enough in Starfleet Command, that I really wouldn't care much for it getting done here. Was more than enough that they brought the overdone TE into the game, rather than putting in another faction that didn't have much (or any) screen time. Like the Kzinthi and/or Lyrans. Or the Andromedans, who would have been my personal choice.

It's fun to see a couple episodes on a series when the cast gets to have a lot of fun with their parts (hey, even Voyager had an episode where they got to play darker, more sadistic versions of themselves), but in a game, it's just excessive.
I commented quite extensively on my Captain's Log about the mission, Broken Mirror. I, personally, found it overdone. I, as the then-Captain Wayland, found it disturbing that one man would focus so much effort trying to take over an alternate reality. I never did point out the massive resources pushed forward. The Mirror Universe is a great plot-point, a great alien-of-the-week, but by no means meant to be a total threat to the Federation.

That being said, a Terran Empire mirror of your ship is far more interesting and engaging than facing total fleets of phaser-fodder from that realm.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-29-2010, 07:51 AM
For the Empire! Salute!
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-29-2010, 08:10 AM
I would love to see more stuff on the Terran Empire, the ENT uniforms were pretty cool especially the women's uniform. Also I'd like to have darker and more evil bridges.