Lt. Commander
I have a cardassian forcefield key in my inventory. I'm in the "seed" mission where you have to go into the cave to fix the water supply and capture the healing lillies etc. to protect the colonists from the True Way. There are a pair of force fields near the entrance, one of which has a cardassian on a terminal, that i would like to go through. There is another field at the top of the inner reservoir. When i approached the forcefield the Cardy runs away, so i figure this stuff isn't just a backdrop. I can't do anything at the forcefields.

Can I use the forcefield key to get through the forcefield? When i try to equip it nothing happens. Is there another way through. What is this thing for anyways, or does it just take up inventory space?

Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2010, 08:25 AM
This item is used in the DS9 ground Fleet Action, to get through the enemy force fields.

It seems to be dropping from all Cardassian enemy NPCs, both within and without the DS9 Fleet Action. You should bug report it, citing the mission you were on when you got it.

For you personally, it will merely take up Inventory space until you use it in the DS9 Fleet Action. Feel free to get rid of it if you never plan on going to that Fleet Action.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks Matt

Anyone have any idea about this scenario? Can you get through the forcefields or are they just there to frustrate you / provide atmosphere.

...Feels like I'm missing out on some loot...
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richander View Post
Thanks Matt

Anyone have any idea about this scenario? Can you get through the forcefields or are they just there to frustrate you / provide atmosphere.

...Feels like I'm missing out on some loot...
Those force fields on that mission are just for atmosphere.

There is no real drop loot in the game, worth getting. The best loot is from the badge/mark vendors, specifically the T5 Mark of Honour, Mark of Exploration, and Mark of Valour vendors.