Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
It seems to be happening alot. Feds getting stuck in station by respawn point after respawning. This seems to be happening only on the KvF small salvage map.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Stuck on PvP with Feds
04-23-2010, 01:05 AM
I agree with you it has been happening a lot. It obviously throws the battles out of balance in favor of the Klingons when you have 1 to 3 ships all jammed up in a starbase and cannot get back into battle.

Even without that issue, this is a tremendous annoyance and should be fixed soon!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-23-2010, 06:55 AM
Happend to me today and a fleet member also got stuck in a structure and had to use /stuck 45 times or so before it unstuck him.
But in the base /stuck does not work at all

Screenshots.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7...0042308333.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2...0042308320.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Happen to me.. also.. alot yesterday..
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
Happend to me today and a fleet member also got stuck in a structure and had to use /stuck 45 times or so before it unstuck him.
But in the base /stuck does not work at all
I tried /unstuck also and it never worked for me. I put the ship in reverse and it might have worked once but mostly never works. When it happens, I simply logout and log back in quickly. The downside is when I do that I lose the relationship I had with my teammates and I am going solo again.

I tried to find another thread relating to this subject but haven't found it yet. I have to believe there is another one somewhere because so many people have experienced it. I cannot be among the first to gripe about this. The Developers really need to know about this.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Yep
04-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Just passing by this here post and all I gotta say is its happening to me to.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-23-2010, 04:51 PM
I got a CS response on this and it was of course canned.

STO has been outfitted with 'Space Age' options for freeing yourself, should you become stuck somewhere in the world. First and foremost if you find that you have become stuck in a public zone, such as Earth Dock, you should attempt changing instances. Changing instances returns you to the nearest spawn point with no associated penalty. Should you become stuck inside of mission; each mission has an "Abort Mission" option that allows you to leave immediately. Please note that this option will cancel any progress made in that mission, however it will allow you to get back into action. Additionally a quick log out and back in has also been known to resolve certain stuck issues, and return you to your current instance or mission. If all else fails, your last reserve is to enter a PvP instance match as it will usually resolve the issue. In the event that these options still do not resolve your issue please update this ticket with as many details as possible and we will attempt to contact you. Thank you for playing!

So i updated my bug ticket with the following

The point is that others and myself are experiencing a respawn inside a PVP map that sticks us inside an object. That object is the station itself. The respawn point seems to be just inside the niche for the dock and it seems to happen when 2 or more ships are respawning at once. It could be resolved simply by moving said respawn point a little away from the station. /stuck DOES NOT WORK...logging out and back in to a PVP match often breaks your faction and your team so that is not a viable answer.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
I got a CS response on this and it was of course canned.

So i updated my bug ticket with the following

The point is that others and myself are experiencing a respawn inside a PVP map that sticks us inside an object. That object is the station itself. The respawn point seems to be just inside the niche for the dock and it seems to happen when 2 or more ships are respawning at once. It could be resolved simply by moving said respawn point a little away from the station. /stuck DOES NOT WORK...logging out and back in to a PVP match often breaks your faction and your team so that is not a viable answer.
I just made a thread about this problem. I suggest that if the devs are too inept to fix a spawn point problem that is causing this issue...just take the space stations out of the game until such time the devs get off their hands and fix the basic problems with the game.

This problem has been around since launch and in beta and there is not excuse fro this problem to be in the game at this time. None.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-25-2010, 03:42 PM
I suggest consolidating complaints about this in another, larger thread.

This problem occurs on the Salvage Map for PvP. Only on the Fed / Blue starting side, since it does happen in both KvF and FvF.

This problem doesn't occur for the KDF / Red side of the map. As a Klingon player, I never experienced this at our corner of the map, or even when playing Red side in FvF.

Anyways, stack up your complaints about it in that other thread, since it has a longer history.