Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2010, 06:10 AM
I do find it funny when I expose a baddie, hit him with Orbital Strike and then he contiunes to shoot at me. I can't help but take a moment and laugh, then I take him out.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Yea I was so excited last night when I got Orbital Bombardment but was very unimpressed with the results. Smoking crater is what I was expecting... and that it works indoors is not right at all... It looks great though. The first thing I was thinking was I wonder if there is a skill that would boost it...
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
How can my ship shoot into a cave? Or how can they be sure they are exact on 5m and not hit me instead?
I haven't got the skill yet, but this is my thought too.

I hope they replace this skill with something much cooler (and more useful if the consensus is accurate).

There are so many options of what an engineer could do that having a beam come down through whatever ceiling may exist and blast people with a mild sunburn just seems lame.

I probably just won't use it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2010, 01:53 PM
It does seem a bit too weak, especially giving the cooldown time and the actual cast time. I find it happening rather frequently that some enemy will manage to knock me back as I'm using my holographic screen which aborts the strike and starts the cooldown.

I can understand though that they do not want it to be a "I-Win" button though; but it could be modified in certain ways to keep it from instantly wipping out a bunch of enemies. For example, the beam could be made highly effective against enemy shields or have a high chance to expose.
Lt. Commander
I'm wondering what gives you the skill now. Also, it is an Exploit attack if you notice it flashingwhen you Expose someone... but yes, your Ship in orbit basically firing one of the beam weapons it has down onto the enemy would be an instant kill.... But remember, most weapons in the StarTrek universe were 1 shot kills, unless they were set to stun, on the shows that is.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-26-2010, 01:32 AM
I think they SHOULD buff the crud out of it... but reasonably of course.
Has anyone here played "Guild Wars"? Or City of "Heroes/Villains"?

In most MMO games, (Especially ones with skill cooldowns) there is usually a couple of skills for every class that has a rediculous casting time, enormous cooldown, and Apocalyptic damage. For guildwars it was "Meteor Shower" and there were so many in the "City of" series that I will just choose a random one... "Nova". These abilities had like 8 second cast times, and like a minimum of 2+ min cooldowns, leaving plenty of time to interupt it... but if you got it off, it was like a fiery/electric cataclysm that obliterated most enemies.

They should lay down a target recticule on the field, giving enemies time to flee... if they can, and then blast the holy HELL out of them when it hits. Spectacular damage for all!!! WOOO!!!