Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I noticed if you go to buy a retail key from the Cryptic/Atari site, it automatically adds a "Extended Download Service" onto the bill, at a cost of four bucks US.

It apparently 'extends the normal 30 day download limit to two years', so presumably if you need to re-download the STO client you can.

But why would any STO customer need this? You can download the client for free anyway, at any time, even when not logged in to the website:

http://www.startrekonline.com/download




-np
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-26-2010, 01:29 AM
More stealth charges added by Cryptic/Atari. A lot will fall for it and roll over as we have seen so many times since this game released.

Oh well. My sub ends soon and I will feel like a soldier going home from Afghanistan All I can say is this whole game as been 1 sham after another and I am so glad to soon be free of it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxanna
More stealth charges added by Cryptic/Atari. A lot will fall for it and roll over as we have seen so many times since this game released.

Oh well. My sub ends soon and I will feel like a soldier going home from Afghanistan All I can say is this whole game as been 1 sham after another and I am so glad to soon be free of it!
I know exactly what your next PM is going to be! "You have received 1 point for trolling/spamming/voicing your opinion." Trust me, I'm an expert at getting points. I think I have 35+.

That being said, I feel your pain. I feel your frustration. But I must ask, beyond the lack of content does this game suck or is it just not what we wanted or what we expected? Our out standards too high or too different?

This thought came to me recently. ...but it still doesn't change my opinion of the game, nor of cryptic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxanna
More stealth charges added by Cryptic/Atari. A lot will fall for it and roll over as we have seen so many times since this game released.

Oh well. My sub ends soon and I will feel like a soldier going home from Afghanistan All I can say is this whole game as been 1 sham after another and I am so glad to soon be free of it!
Hate the game all you want, but don't trivialize what soldiers go through like that. They get shot at, bombed and worse. You played a game you didn't like.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderTheRobot
Hate the game all you want, but don't trivialize what soldiers go through like that. They get shot at, bombed and worse. You played a game you didn't like.
No, I will not worship anyone for doing what they volunteered for. We all knew what we we're getting into when we signed the line.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biiignaassty
No, I will not worship anyone for doing what they volunteered for. We all knew what we we're getting into when we signed the line.
Where did they ask you to worship someone?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Whoa guys, I dont think this is the right place for this kind of discussion!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-26-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate
I noticed if you go to buy a retail key from the Cryptic/Atari site, it automatically adds a "Extended Download Service" onto the bill, at a cost of four bucks US.

It apparently 'extends the normal 30 day download limit to two years', so presumably if you need to re-download the STO client you can.

But why would any STO customer need this? You can download the client for free anyway, at any time, even when not logged in to the website:

http://www.startrekonline.com/download




-np
It's fairly standard amongst publishers with DD services (i.e. EA).

Of course, STO's publisher starts with "Atar" and ends in "wants your first born."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-26-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biiignaassty
No, I will not worship anyone for doing what they volunteered for. We all knew what we we're getting into when we signed the line.
"volunteered"... you mean like the ghetto kids that have no other chance to get an education then the military paying for it? not everything is black and white.


...oh wait that's RL stuff, why should i care about RL stuff?

bye
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:30 AM.