Lt. Commander
I noticed if you go to buy a retail key from the Cryptic/Atari site, it automatically adds a "Extended Download Service" onto the bill, at a cost of four bucks US.

It apparently 'extends the normal 30 day download limit to two years', so presumably if you need to re-download the STO client you can.

But why would any STO customer need this? You can download the client for free anyway, at any time, even when not logged in to the website:

http://www.startrekonline.com/download

-np
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2010, 01:29 AM
More stealth charges added by Cryptic/Atari. A lot will fall for it and roll over as we have seen so many times since this game released.

Oh well. My sub ends soon and I will feel like a soldier going home from Afghanistan All I can say is this whole game as been 1 sham after another and I am so glad to soon be free of it!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxanna
More stealth charges added by Cryptic/Atari. A lot will fall for it and roll over as we have seen so many times since this game released.

Oh well. My sub ends soon and I will feel like a soldier going home from Afghanistan All I can say is this whole game as been 1 sham after another and I am so glad to soon be free of it!
I know exactly what your next PM is going to be! "You have received 1 point for trolling/spamming/voicing your opinion." Trust me, I'm an expert at getting points. I think I have 35+.

That being said, I feel your pain. I feel your frustration. But I must ask, beyond the lack of content does this game suck or is it just not what we wanted or what we expected? Our out standards too high or too different?

This thought came to me recently. ...but it still doesn't change my opinion of the game, nor of cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxanna

Hate the game all you want, but don't trivialize what soldiers go through like that. They get shot at, bombed and worse. You played a game you didn't like.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderTheRobot
Hate the game all you want, but don't trivialize what soldiers go through like that. They get shot at, bombed and worse. You played a game you didn't like.
No, I will not worship anyone for doing what they volunteered for. We all knew what we we're getting into when we signed the line.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biiignaassty
No, I will not worship anyone for doing what they volunteered for. We all knew what we we're getting into when we signed the line.
Where did they ask you to worship someone?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Whoa guys, I dont think this is the right place for this kind of discussion!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate
I noticed if you go to buy a retail key from the Cryptic/Atari site, it automatically adds a "Extended Download Service" onto the bill, at a cost of four bucks US.

It apparently 'extends the normal 30 day download limit to two years', so presumably if you need to re-download the STO client you can.

But why would any STO customer need this? You can download the client for free anyway, at any time, even when not logged in to the website:

http://www.startrekonline.com/download

-np
It's fairly standard amongst publishers with DD services (i.e. EA).

Of course, STO's publisher starts with "Atar" and ends in "wants your first born."
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-26-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biiignaassty
"volunteered"... you mean like the ghetto kids that have no other chance to get an education then the military paying for it? not everything is black and white.

...oh wait that's RL stuff, why should i care about RL stuff?

bye