Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP Respawn Bug
04-27-2010, 02:23 AM
I submitted a bug report about this a while back, but it was immediately dismissed as another /stuck problem. It's not.

I died in PvP held, I respawned and I couldn't move. I could fire, I could use abilities, but I was rooted to the ground without a rooted notification or timer. I used the /stuck command, but like so many times it gave me the same response it usually does when I need it to work "/stuck cannot be used". Generally I would just beam out and beam back in except this was PvP, we 10 points away from declaring the victor, and I was playing Klingon toon.

This has actually happened to me twice, and to various other players I've fought with in PvP. It's very disappointing to come half way in anything and then be forced to quit it because of a minor bug that handicaps you significantly and greatly cuts down on your enjoyment of the game.

I understand it's a very taxing job maintaining a MMO, and I think you guys are doing a fantastic job doing it. However, giving me the same rubber stamp response every time I submit a bug report remotely relating to the words "stuck" or "cannot move" is very frustrating. It makes me feel that you didn't even give it a moment to scan through it, you just used a find function to see if it had those two words and dismissed it then and there. If your going to tell me to use a command that I did, then tell me that its this wonderful, never-fail command that it isn't, then at least give me a short, brief response that tells me that you read it and you'll address it when you can.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2010, 10:01 AM
A similar thing happened to me on a PvP map; Salvage and hold(large). Playing as a Ltn. Commander on the Fed side, I got stuck with another teammate while respawning after I died.

I got stuck within the starbase itself and could not get out anymore. The /stuck command did not work.