Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Feds are not at war with the romulans, a few boarder skirmishes does not a war make.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
Feds are not at war with the romulans, a few boarder skirmishes does not a war make.
I wouldn't blame the Romulans for war though.

After all Starfleet did raid their new capital world and destroy the fleet sent to protect it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-27-2010, 06:30 PM
I've had good success with Mask Energy Signature. At level 1, I can easily get to 5KM of my target before being spotted...closer than that with adding skill points and building out the appropriate skills.

It does, though, take a valuable BoFF skill slot that might be of better use. Like most things, though, it is a trade off. Balancing one thing against another, settling on what suits you playing style.

I switched away from it on my escort as I had science skills that better supported how I fight. At some point, though, I may add it back in again. A nice ability to have IMHO. It's not quite the same as a cloaking device, but it is damn near close.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpadgett371 View Post
I've had good success with Mask Energy Signature. At level 1, I can easily get to 5KM of my target before being spotted...closer than that with adding skill points and building out the appropriate skills.

It does, though, take a valuable BoFF skill slot that might be of better use. Like most things, though, it is a trade off. Balancing one thing against another, settling on what suits you playing style.

I switched away from it on my escort as I had science skills that better supported how I fight. At some point, though, I may add it back in again. A nice ability to have IMHO. It's not quite the same as a cloaking device, but it is damn near close.
note that is only in pve, MES is utter trash in pvp.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-27-2010, 08:41 PM
man, this topic is everywhere(Fed Cloak). MES is useless to me as RA5. Most lower tier ship will not attack me until I attack them in PvE; so why use it and in PvP useless. good only in lower tier for PvE. There are better science abilities. MES needs to be stronger. Not as strong as cloak but at least strong enough to stay unseen until you are 10m of range. This is all I want
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Hopefully, some where between never and when the Sun becomes a cold, dark, chunk of coal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27 Errrr NO.
04-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave111

Uhmmm...... no.
I must agree with my esteemed colleague.

I agree also - Ditto! :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-30-2010, 02:13 AM
I don't think the Federation should have Cloak.

I do think Mask Energy Signature needs to become more useful. I think what would fit the Federation better might be to have it useable to appear as a different (enemy) ship. If you can't beat the "Stealth" of the MES, you see a non-hostile/allied ship. All othe rlimitations could still apply.

I remember that there have been Startrek episodes where they used to mask their warp signature to appear to be a different ship on long range sensors.

They could also rename the skill "Holographic Shield Emitter" or something like if they want to change the explanation how it works.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-30-2010, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
They could also rename the skill "Holographic Shield Emitter" or something like if they want to change the explanation how it works.
The Holo cloak not only appears on the Defiant atleast once but also is the basis for the USS Incursion which is mentioned and was the test bed for the device as seen in the game Star Trek Away Team. Personaly I think it should be added and not a usual cloak as it is Fed Tech

I think it would be called what it is Holo Cloak as a Holographic sheild sounds likke its projecting a hologram sheild
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
05-05-2010, 02:26 AM
I will repeat what I already said in any other "Baha in want fed cloak" threads.

The reason why Feds cant Cloak is NOT Algeron, thats just the on-screen explanation.
The reason is that it was not intendet to have Cloaks by the Authors. It just doestnt fit to the picture Roddenberry had from the federation.

If you dont like that fact, dont play STAR TREK!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 PM.