Lt. Commander
# 11
04-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
Maybe I'm just on at less antagonistic times. We Europeans are known for being a peaceful bunch, not prone to petty bickering or belligerent posturing.
Nice joke HAH; cluttering this forum with your thesaurus browsing abilities.

People from all over the world interact on the same server in STO; and this game seems to have more whiners than WoW US Servers - paints a nice picture, doesn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlander View Post
Anyone else notice that the chat in pvp has become very nasty. For a long time chat was cool, ppl would say things like good fight, good game and so on. Now chat is rude and turned into your mama this your mama that type chat
This is not limited to multi-faction chat. I tend to see the same condescension, arrogance, and posturing in FvF as well. It has less to do with gameplay mechanics, and more to do with individual maturity.

My solution is, I just don't look at Zone chat anymore. I separate Team chat from Zone chat, in separate chat tabs. (Right-click on your chat window in order to customise the channel display for each tab, or to modify/create tabs.)

Unfortunately, these forums are becoming the same (looking at some responses within this very thread), so I will probably be reading these less, too. I do feel sorry for the people who -must- read through it all, however (i.e., Cryptic).
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-28-2010, 02:03 AM
Well I'm glad my British sarcasm isn't lost on the rest of the world. Fun fact, Wikipedia has a List of European Conflicts:
Quote:
This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.
ROFL. Good excuse for the next European belligerent: "I was just trying to help wikipedia by expanding the list of European conflicts!"

P.S. I didn't need a thesaurus to know to use those words :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Reel View Post
WW I and WW II mean anytthing to you? the crusades? who crusified that nitwit jesus christ? right it was US, the europeans. and im still loveing that last fact
I think the man was talking about Europeans today, not 5000 years ago. Please continue eating your bannana.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote of the day...

(This is purely intended to be humorous--look at the floating text in the middle of the screen)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3528/...1c152947_o.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Don't take away my Cross-Faction chat... I hated that I could not talk to the other faction when I played WoW and I am very glad I can do this in STO! Often when a match is unbalanced, my friends and I like to suggest we do 1v1 duels-- this is a fun distraction late at night when there's only a couple people on either team, instead of it turning into a total curb-stomp instagib match.

But yeah, all it takes is one wise-guy with a smart mouth to turn the zone chat into something ugly. This is largely because PVP is competitive-- obviously, and people don't like losing, especially if it's because of a cheap tactic the other team/player used. I try to keep things civil and polite, but some people are just backwards and wrong in the head. :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Quote of the day...

(This is purely intended to be humorous--look at the floating text in the middle of the screen)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3528/...1c152947_o.jpg
ROFL!! Amazing!!