Lt. Commander
# 11
04-28-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper877 View Post
I've had this problem as well. The first time I played Khitomer it was a slide show when I first started to attack any of the Borg. After being destoroyed, I turned off dynamic lighting in options and haven't had a problem since. I'm using GeForce 260 with no problems at all on any other map in STO. Maybe that might help you out if you try it.
This workaround worked for me too. Turning dynamic lighting off fixes the really bad framerate in the first space part of KA for me.

Using GeForce GTX 285.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-28-2010, 03:18 AM
this work around worked for most of tranquility aswell
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-28-2010, 03:30 AM
yes, as soon as the first shot if fired, one of the 5's game crashes, another couple of players drop to 3 fps. I'm also running the 9600GT also and found the best way to get around all the problems is to literally turn the slider all the way to the left. after your fist death (which is inevitable since at least 1 is trying to restart and get back in the game after it crashed, another 2 are having severe frame rate problems and can't fire or move) you can kick the slider up to the 1/3rd position. I know having basically no graphics stinks, but even in part 2 people's games are crashing and video lag is insane so I'd rather be able to fight than keep restarting my game because it crashes. Haven't had any problems in the ground part or the last space fight so you can run flat out 3/3 on the slider.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
One other pet peeve about the opening stage in KA. There used to be turrets surround each gate, they were removed for good reasons. However their physics still seem to be there, albeit invisible. How do I know this? Well I fly into them all the time, and it can be quite annoying! :p
agreed, me too. there are invisible barriers around the gates. by now i know about where they are and avoid getting stuck, but this should be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-29-2010, 01:31 AM
simply put the first stage of KA is poorly programmed. Sorry to sound harsh but most of my fleet has problem with severe video lag with the first part (we havnt got past this part yet so i dont know if the rest of it is just as bad). These are people with a wide range of rigs/video cards/processors and we all have the same symptoms. We can all fly around when we enter the system and theres no lag there yet as soon as we engage the borg cubes the fps drops to a halt. As soon as we fly away from the middle of the map and disengage the borg the fps goes back to normal. For all of us suffering none of us up until this point in the game have any problems and we all run on a wide range of settings. I wish cryptic would take a serious look at KA and test it properly before rolling it out or disable KA whilst this serious bug is fixed and it is a serious bug. How in the hell can everything about this game be ok in terms of performance yet KA is just bugged to hell and video performance is poor.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-29-2010, 03:37 AM
It's due to the layout of the huge planet below and the various "glow" from borgs, turn off dynamic lighting in video settings will help a lot.