Lt. Commander
# 1 USER INTERFACE - Thread
04-29-2010, 09:14 AM
What i have not seen on the Forums so far is a UI Thread.

1. Let's see some Screenshots what you did with your User Interface
2. Lets talk about what could / should be improved.

let's keep the spam to a minimum please.

i'll start

SCREEN: http://www.imagebanana.com/img/2vlmx...2917525987.jpg

I noticed that i have the Minimap better in view when i move it a little to the left, so i moved the Quest Log up = less clutter on the right side.
The Occupacity looks a little off this way though. (DEV's plz more options for occupacity in every UI element, thx)

The Names of the BOff's on the bottom should be removed -> less clutter plz, i know their names, the images of their faces are enough to know which one it is.

I like the Chat window to be invisible like it is,
problem here is, if i set inactive occupacity to 0.00 and active occupacity to something higher it allways goes to the active status when the mouse only moves over it, it does not matter if the mousecursor is visible or if i pan arround the ship, so i set both to 0.00 -> which results in me not seeing the Tabs, minimize or option buttons and i have to press them blind.

Level and Rank Indicator (the XP bar on top):
should be disabled if you are maxed out.
It has no more viable information for you and only clutters the screen forever.

Mouse Filter:

I also like the new Mouse Filter option very much if it is set to 0.03 - 0.10 more then that seems to be overkill.
Problem with this setting is that if you move the mouse FAST and let go of the LMB (Left Mouse Button) then it stops as intended BUT if i press the LMB again to move again it resumes the movement from when i let the LMB go the last time. There is som variable that is not resetting properly, (bug reported it, plz fix).

So let's see and hear what you have to say about the UI... and keep it construcitve please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
What i have not seen on the Forums so far is a UI Thread.
Might want to look a little harder, there are plenty.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-29-2010, 09:37 AM

//edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob593 View Post
Ah i see, you say i should have posted there.
Well you are not a moderator and i can't move it either, but thanks for the *constructive* info.

I see no Thread there like mine and i dont think anybody who has not a problem to report will look there so i think it is ok to continue here anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-29-2010, 10:01 AM
I like where you have moved the "Warp to Sector" button on that. One thing I find extremely irritating is these buttons that insist on popping up right in front center of my screen every time I'm in combat.

Just a quick comment;

Where/how would you change your chat channel with how you have the chat window depicted? Does the chat box opacity fade in/out as you mouse over it?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:

//edit:

Ah i see, you say i should have posted there.
Well you are not a moderator and i can't move it either, but thanks for the *constructive* info.

I see no Thread there like mine and i dont think anybody who has not a problem to report will look there so i think it is ok to continue here anyway.
Be my guest, I couldn't care less I'm simply trying to educate the un-informed but it will most likely:

a/ be locked
b/ ignored
c/ trolled

as you can see by the overwhelming response you have already received
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I like where you have moved the "Warp to Sector" button on that. One thing I find extremely irritating is these buttons that insist on popping up right in front center of my screen every time I'm in combat.

Just a quick comment;

Where/how would you change your chat channel with how you have the chat window depicted? Does the chat box opacity fade in/out as you mouse over it?
here you go:
http://www.imagebanana.com/img/7dkst...2920125482.jpg

it fades in / out if you set the active and inactive values to diffrent settings, but that is rather annoying because it pops everytime you move your mouse over it instead of when you click on it (also if you are just looking arround your ship in free look mode ).
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
here you go:
http://www.imagebanana.com/img/7dkst...2920125482.jpg

it fades in / out if you set the active and inactive values to diffrent settings, but that is rather annoying because it pops everytime you move your mouse over it instead of when you click on it (also if you are just looking arround your ship in free look mode ).
thanks for showing how to get the chat window clear. I didn't know I could do that and i love it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Would be nice to have the toolbars go up to 12 slots.