Lt. Commander
# 11
04-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-Nigh****ch
Time will tell if any alteration to the current system is needed.

Edit: Forgot to mention - I like the new 'goody bag' reward idea for these missions - potentially very useful!
dstahl's already made quite a few posts about the future of these missions in the much larger context of the Federation Diplomatic Corps. Most notably that they will be spawnable. As in you ask an NPC for an Aid the Planet mission and get one.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
dstahl's already made quite a few posts about the future of these missions in the much larger context of the Federation Diplomatic Corps. Most notably that they will be spawnable. As in you ask an NPC for an Aid the Planet mission and get one.
Yes, and it is good that Cryptic is talking to us about 'stuff'. It all takes time though.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-30-2010, 10:18 AM
I did the 'Needs of the Many' mission with my Lt. character last evening. I was lucky and got a 'Aid the Planet' mission on my 5th Planet of Exploration, (with the reported statistics being an approximate 1 out 20 chance). And for a thank you gift, I got a Blue MkIII plasma projectile tactical console, (which my Lt. can't use now, but in another week...)

At least for beginning characters, you can run 'Needs of the Many' in parallel with 'To Boldly Go: Explore the Delta Volanis Cluster' exploration mission so you can get credit for those other planet of exploration missions...
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:

With the changes in the recent patch you want them to spawn more. But prior to reading that link you specifically had no idea what their rate was like. Because up until this patch, you never did the missions.

Actually.. I did the missions before this patch. I've gotten maybe 3 I think in the past, 2 with my main character and 1 with an alt I messed around with.

My point being... putting a quest completion requirement on something completely random is just bad design.

I do hope they change this though in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Just did this with my sci commander, took her about 6 trys to get an aid mission.
Had one for provisions again like my captain, this time though I zoned back to cluster space and replicated the items there.
Continued the mission, and apon entering was hailed by mr alien, delivered supplies and it counted for needs of the many.
So now the only difference between the ones that got it to complete and the one that didnt was trying to deliver without the comodities and replicating then trying again without leaving system.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-30-2010, 12:18 PM
I visited ten systems in Delta Volanis, then dropped it without being given an Aid mission.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
I do. You know why? Becaus unlike anyone else in these forums, that person cataloged and posted data collected for over 1,000 exploration missions. And thus that person was able to quantify the spawn rate for these missions. Instead of having rampant speculation on them.
Except as I said we have no knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes, and today there was this

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
•We've increased the chances that you'll find more "Aid the Planet" missions in Star Clusters. It is still random and rare, but previously after completing one, there was a cooldown timer before you could get another one, and that timer has been reduced.
So one persons unsubstantiated data for how they personaly play doesnt give us definitive results.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarby
I had that. Did a couple aid missions in Delta, didn't complete. Said the hell with it and dropped it XD
Similar thing happened to me a couple months ago in Arucanis. I had done a couple of these missions in DV, and they counted - no big deal, right? Then one came up in Arcanis, I bought the "difference" of items I needed to have enough (each item had cost 200 creds and I bought 8,) was hitting the tab to go back to the system to complete the mission, and wasn't taken back. Travelled from earth back to Arucanis with the tab still showing, but every time I hit it, nothin' happened.

So there I was, stuck with a bunch of junk I invested in and didn't need or have a use for. I was mad that I'd dumped 1000 credits I needed to put towards other things, and ever since then, I just drop any and all "Aid" missions. Funk the Pirx or whoever else is whining about "provisions;" they can talk a Ferengi into gettin' their planet some replicators and just deal with the low quality.

Lt. Commander
# 19
05-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimov View Post
Except as I said we have no knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes, and today there was this
1,000 missions of data. Compared to your data which was?

Quote:
So one persons unsubstantiated data for how they personaly play doesnt give us definitive results.
That person's data is substantiated. By the post you just quoted.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-02-2010, 02:45 AM
I did 24 missions after the increase in Aid Missions from the patch. I got one Aid mission, and for whatever reason, it didn't count. I then spent the 600 exploration badges on gear that's outdated for me, which I then sold.
Closed Thread