Lt. Commander
# 61
04-29-2010, 02:57 PM
I've been using the wrong colors this whole time!
I sometimes hate being colorblind. It's very hard for me to tell similar colors in the spectrum apart.
I have to count back or forward (depending on the color swatch location) from the very edge to ensure I have the same colors on my characters throughout.

This can help remind folks like me where the official colors are, when we want to be more authentic.

I'd give rep/good token for this thread, if this board allowed it.
Lt. Commander
# 62
04-29-2010, 06:08 PM
For those who still have trouble with the pointers on the Complete Guide wallpapers, I added new Numbered versions which can now be found in the OP.

Before anyone asks, B stands for bright and D stands for dull.

Enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 63
04-29-2010, 07:16 PM
I really enjoy the work put into this and will be happy to get my uniform colors sorted.

I do want to point out that the wallpaper versions are all 1024x640 resolution, however. I think this may be photobucket resizing them when you upload them.
Lt. Commander
# 64
04-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
Which is good and all. However, as mentioned before, people run around in fuscia and neon green uniforms. So someone preferring to wear teal on their Science officer, over the 2410 standard blue, because they prefer a color scheme that they're used to seeing... I mean, can you honestly fault it?

Of course if you're just making the argument about the use of the phrase "Medical variant" in the colors section, hey, can understand that from the canon aspect.
I don't say anything against customizing the uniforms. My argument was not about the game itself, the 2409 standard uniforms or what people choose to do with their uniforms. I was simply commenting on the fact that what was presented in this thread as canon, is not actually canon, concerning the science uniform colors. And by canon I mean the series and movies.
Lt. Commander
# 65
04-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathcube View Post
I really enjoy the work put into this and will be happy to get my uniform colors sorted.

I do want to point out that the wallpaper versions are all 1024x640 resolution, however. I think this may be photobucket resizing them when you upload them.
Darn it. I didn't know that Photobucket did that. Sorry guys and gals. I guess you'll have to use your own photo editing stuff to blow them up to the proper resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinthok View Post
I don't say anything against customizing the uniforms. My argument was not about the game itself, the 2409 standard uniforms or what people choose to do with their uniforms. I was simply commenting on the fact that what was presented in this thread as canon, is not actually canon, concerning the science uniform colors. And by canon I mean the series and movies.
The colors themselves are still canon, though the actual designations may not be. But then, the actual designations aren't even clear to Memory Alpha. So, why should we expect them to be clear to us?

Lt. Commander
# 66
04-30-2010, 04:25 PM
amazingly, aside from the grey shoulders I managed to pick all of the right colors for my TNG Movie/DS( uniforms!

Great guide though.
Lt. Commander
# 67
05-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
The colors themselves are still canon, though the actual designations may not be. But then, the actual designations aren't even clear to Memory Alpha. So, why should we expect them to be clear to us?

It's quite clear on Memory Alpha.
Lt. Commander
# 68
05-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinthok View Post
It's quite clear on Memory Alpha.
Well, whatever people designate them, the important part is that we know there's a distinction, and the guide has both on there.
Lt. Commander
# 69
05-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Keep bumping until we get a sticky if you want this within arms reach guys and gals. If anyone has any ideas for further revisions let me know.

Lt. Commander
# 70
05-05-2010, 11:57 PM
I dont understand why this isnt stickied. No other topic do I look at for reference more than this right now.