Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
The "join new game" option lets you join a game that has not started. The "join any game" option lets you join a new game or a game that has been going on for up to 4 minutes max.

After 4 minutes have passed, the option for players to join that match is sealed off. No new players may join the match after 4 minutes.

My question is: why? What is the purpose behind this change?

If a match begins with a fed team of 3 and a klingon team of 5, that fed team will have absolutely no hope for reinforcements to balance out the teams after 4 minutes. The match will stay as an uneven 3 vs 5.

If a match starts out with an even 5 vs 5, and a fed decides they do not want to play anymore and stops respawning and just logs out of the game completely, the match becomes a permanent 4 vs 5 and there is no hope for a new fed to join to balance out the teams.

Considering these scenarios (which happen very often), what is the logic behind this "update" to the queue system?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Not to mention when O'Neil switches factions after the game has started.

Semtuk The Wise brought this up earlier and this was the Dev reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This thread was forwarded to the appropriate design team ... thank you for your concerns and comments.
Hmm... that was two weeks ago...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeowww View Post
Not to mention when O'Neil switches factions after the game has started.

Hmm... that was two weeks ago...
might want to remove the "name" there as its against the rules or something.

But, I had it happen to me last week. I was playing my Klink, score was tight but we still hled the upper hand and I face planted. Waited a min or so because the fight was near 2 likely spawn points, and I was ribbing my fleetmates on team chat. I hit respawn........and I'm up...and heading back in to the fight but...I cant target anyone, everyone is friendly to me, even the turrets. I had to log out and back in to get back on the good guys side (Klinks of course) and proceeded to fight away.

Some players just stay and do nothing others log out and back.....shrugs
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2010, 01:34 PM