Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship's auto fire does not work
04-29-2010, 06:21 PM
I've filed a bug report, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I cannot set any of my ship's weapons to auto fire. I switched to one of my other characters, and auto fire works fine for that character. I've tried switching to a lower tier ship with my current character, and it did not work with that ship either. Anyone else having this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2 hey
04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
i have been having the same problum as you, also made a bug report. no luck yet

what server you play on? maybe its server related? i guess it cant be if your other character can.

how diffrent are your characters spec-ed?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't think it's server related. The problem is on my RA5 Engineer. I've tried my LtCdr. Tactical, Cmdr. Science, and new Lt. Engineer and have had no problems with auto fire with any of those. I changed the difficulty to Advanced on both of my Engineers. So, it doesn't seem to be related to the difficulty level.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inceptum
I don't think it's server related. The problem is on my RA5 Engineer. I've tried my LtCdr. Tactical, Cmdr. Science, and new Lt. Engineer and have had no problems with auto fire with any of those. I changed the difficulty to Advanced on both of my Engineers. So, it doesn't seem to be related to the difficulty level.

Have you checked the Auto-fire options in your settings? It may be disabled for that one character. Options > Controls Tab. Select "Space" on the first line, and the last line is the Auto-fire options. If it is On, maybe try changing it to Off, save and exit, then go and turn it back On again.
Lt. Commander
# 5 You're right!
04-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdure
Have you checked the Auto-fire options in your settings? It may be disabled for that one character. Options > Controls Tab. Select "Space" on the first line, and the last line is the Auto-fire options. If it is On, maybe try changing it to Off, save and exit, then go and turn it back On again.
Valdure,

You're awesome! Thank you! The last selection under the Controls tab for Space is Auto Attack, and it was set to "None". I changed it to "Toggle, change cancels", and I was able to set my weapons to auto fire. I REALLY appreciate your help.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inceptum
Valdure,

You're awesome! Thank you! The last selection under the Controls tab for Space is Auto Attack, and it was set to "None". I changed it to "Toggle, change cancels", and I was able to set my weapons to auto fire. I REALLY appreciate your help.

Thanks, glad to hear it was an easy fix.