Lt. Commander
Ok so you've all seen the exchange, there's a million things up there all priced at or below vendor price (50% of the Value price). Lets make a concerted effort to clean up the exchange, you will probably make some money in the process.

Benefits to a cleaner exchange:
- Faster exchange queries, reduced mail traffic, reduced lag.
- Most of the things at or below vendor price are common enough people aren't going to need to buy them, so you're not hurting anyone's ability to buy things they need. These are usually off-max ranks like Mk III, etc... The items are abundant enough people can still get them at a fair price if they need.
- Everyone who uses the exchange can enjoy higher profit margins
- You are bound to run into items below vendor price, so you will likely make money while doing this.

Easy steps to follow:
- Pick a rank to look for, (Mk I, II, etc...) and type that into the box, ex: "Mk III"
- Start at the first category and move your way down. All items of a sub-class and mark will probably have the same value, so all of the things vendor price or below should appear at the top if you sorted by price.
Buy until you go past the 1/2 way point, and sell to a vendor, Ensign Lessa is a short run from the exchange at SB01, and sells for 50% value.

Enjoy the benefits of a less-cluttered database.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2010, 10:56 PM
If people wish to sell things below market rate more power to them for helping the next person who needs it being able to afford it.

I'm so not in favour of your "clean up" idea.

So instead this thread has now been claimed for dancing
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2010, 11:10 PM
hecks yeah DANCE!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woebetide
If people wish to sell things below market rate more power to them for helping the next person who needs it being able to afford it.

I'm so not in favour of your "clean up" idea.

So instead this thread has now been claimed for dancing
This is exactly why I put my stuff on the exchange at value. I see no reason to further discourage a rather small mmo community by making items that they need to enjoy the game more difficult to obtain by price hiking.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Also the exchange is about to get a huge clean up, when the new week limit on posted items kicks in.