Lt. Commander
From the release notes

Update ST.1.20100420a.14
Today's update is a hotfix to address some issues in the Season 1.1 update that were released on Thursday. We are releasing this ASAP as we feel the PVP issue is critical enough to warrent a weekend update (vs waiting till next week). We've also included a few other fixes that were available and ready to go out.

Updates

* PVP missions were not tracking mission completion properly and so you were no longer getting credit for completing a match. This is fixed now.
* Space PVP Assault maps were not tracking score properly and would sometimes end after 3 points instead of the intended 30 points. This is fixed now which should make these PVP maps playable again.

I do thank you for fixing pvp issues but you missed the biggest issue, the fact we are not alowed to leave matchess if we are in a 0 vs 5 or 1vs 5 idea. Its no fone for anyone. And the face the one guy can die once and ever respawn holding the rest hostage as he/she don't want to be used and abused idea. So Thanks for the fixess but can we please get a fix for the issue you created by denying us to leave matchess if its a dead match.

Also on the note of penelty for leaving a map, I agree to some degree. If its a Rela map where its fair odds for both sides then find penelty for leaving. If its a 0 vs 5 or 1 vs 5 match and thye happen quite frequentlay to be hoenst, then if you do resttore the able to leave a map (for god sakes pelase do) then it hurts people who just don't wnt to sit there for a hour and no one joining to fight.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-01-2010, 09:29 AM
i agree with you about blocking people from leaving. in a perfect world its fine but too many chances to get locked in there by no fault of your own.

they need to change that quickly until they can come up with a better idea
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2010, 09:30 AM
done about 10 matches today and havn't had a problem, although I can see it could be a problem for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i agree with you about blocking people from leaving. in a perfect world its fine but too many chances to get locked in there by no fault of your own.

they need to change that quickly until they can come up with a better idea
The better idea being ensure the match is even before starting. If after 90 seconds (debatable) the match is not even, auto quit the pvp arena.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-01-2010, 09:42 AM
im gonna try this if needed can't you just disconnect
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkdown View Post
im gonna try this if needed can't you just disconnect
yes you can but you need to wait 15-20 min else the server puts you right back into that match. thats 20 min of my rather valuable time.

And it seams to happen a lot oat caption level , 5 klinks 1 fed ina klingon ground combat. Last nght caption side the cap flag map ws hopping very great fights and lots of people, no issues at all to leave as no one wanted to. But at some levels pvp is little and far beteen and sicne its all a klink can do to level is do it then hey when you find issues with pvp it sucks lol. So ya please just for not let us leave if needed. 1 vs 5 is not fun for the 5 or the 1. and had it happen few times last tuesay when i had some time to play lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-01-2010, 09:58 AM
what about the other side of the coin? "i'm losing so i'm just going to leave" then the other team doesn't get any exp at all and it basicly makes the whole vp match pointless
personally i think the not being able to leave until there are 2 people minimum per side is a good thing, it also puts some responsablitys on the player aswell, you signed up for the pvp, it's your responsability to actually join it. if you don't think of all those players you leaving hanging in space because you decided you didn't want to join the pvp after signing up for it?
jerk Dx, join more pvp !!! ARGH!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
what about the other side of the coin? "i'm losing so i'm just going to leave" then the other team doesn't get any exp at all and it basicly makes the whole vp match pointless
personally i think the not being able to leave until there are 2 people minimum per side is a good thing, it also puts some responsablitys on the player aswell, you signed up for the pvp, it's your responsability to actually join it. if you don't think of all those players you leaving hanging in space because you decided you didn't want to join the pvp after signing up for it?
jerk Dx, join more pvp !!! ARGH!!!
Yes agreed IF they fixed queuing system. the problem is with the new only option, means most of time you get no reinforcments anyway. So I agree hate people leaving but this is a bad way to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-01-2010, 12:40 PM
just put a 15 minute debuff on people if they quit a PVP match before it ends which stops them from queuing again for 15 minutes. it's what WoW does and works perfectly. Cryptic don't be afraid to take good ideas from other games.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
just put a 15 minute debuff on people if they quit a PVP match before it ends which stops them from queuing again for 15 minutes. it's what WoW does and works perfectly. Cryptic don't be afraid to take good ideas from other games.
i like that idea. seams fair enough.

it will still affect the odd person who had to quit because of a bug but at least they can do other stuff in the game to pass the time