Lt. Commander
# 1 Yet another thread about 1.1
04-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Unlike many, I don't hate it. In fact, my complaints are pretty nit-picky (so far...).

1. Why is warp fire purple? It used to be green, but it seems to be green now...

2. Why was the walking animation sped up? It looks pretty silly now, I feel like a Keystone Cop.

3. Ship type is not being listed under character info panes.

4. There's a peculiar beepeing that sometimes accompanies tricorder use that wasn't there before. I'm not sure what is doing it, but it's really annoying.

5. You have added a death penalty, but haven't stopped with the loadganking. Attacked by a wandering group of ships near Cardassia, I found myself surrounded by something close to 30 ships, including several battleships, AS I LOADED IN. They attacked immediately, so I couldn't warp out. Worse, I respawned in the same place, meaning I was immediately attacked again. The loadganking must stop!

6. This may be an old issue, but I list it here anyway. I selected Captain as my title, but people still call me Rear Admiral. Could you adjust it so people use the title I selected. On another note, there are many NPCs that just call me by my character's name (such as the junior officers in the stateroom on SB1). They really ought to include my title (so instead of "You're the best, Neish!" they would say "You're the best, Captain Neish!").

As I say, little things, but I may add to the list as I play.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2010, 11:36 PM
7. PvP daily is bugged. Finishing the correct map sometimes (pretty regularly) doesn't give you credit toward the daily mission.

With the queue times and small amount of Klingons playing these days, it sure slows down the process of getting 53 marks of honor for the shield/engine/deflector.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2010, 11:42 PM
ahhh little things. that are so little but add up fast hehe

here are mine.

1. transwarp gates should have a transwarp animation not a simple going to warp animation.

2. when entering the worm hole at DS9 we should not goto warp to enter it but some more appropriate animation should be created for it. I feel confident entering that worm hole at warp would be disastrous. I think you goto warp when entering the mirror universe portal as well. just doesn't feel right.

3. Please add mission rewards to the mission description under episode tab.

4. The changes to the exchange are AWESOME. THANK YOU. However here is an idea that might make it even better. Sometimes dragging an item and placing it into that little line that is designed for text is a bit tricky. Why not add an equip type box into the exchange. Like the equip box on your ships equipment window that you drop the gear items into that you want to add to your ship. Also like on your ships item window onces the exchange window is open all you have top do is double click an item in your inventory and it pops into the exchange window and a search automatically starts for that item. you can then, in that same window, under that item, type in the cost you want to sell the item for and click a button to place it on the exchange. Simple easy to use interface. The "sell" tab would then just become the Items you have for sale tab.

5. access to the exchange from you bridge for pricing only.

6. when plotting a course to a sector if you get to close to the edge of the map it will stop you and ask you if you want to warp to a different sector. This should not happen once you plot a course.

7. Being able to switch characters without have to log and and log back in.

thats about it hehe all my nit-picks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
1. Why is warp fire purple? It used to be green, but it seems to be green now...

Say what, Bro? Take it you had one of those Dumb moments that plagues me when I log in STO and actually expect to see another person playing
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-30-2010, 12:55 AM
I love 1.1 they added allot of stuff I have been waiting for ^^
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-01-2010, 03:00 PM
For those that wondered about the purple warp fire, here's a screen...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...f&id=553573898
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-01-2010, 03:03 PM
stop being so complainy and shower me with attention instead, it'll distract you from the short comings and crappyness of the game... i promise...