Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
As you all know in the PVP salvage operation you have to hold so many salvage for a period of time to win. Well, this can become a prob for many teams cuz many would rather fight then hold/capture salvage including myself even though i do most of the time. Fighting is much more fun.

I have an idea how to make it so both can happen.

1- Remove all but the center station as salvage.

2- Make the center station salvage count the same as if you were holding 3 of the salvage in a norm game.
That way the game would last the same time as norm game holding 3 of the salvage or close to it.

3- Shorten the amount of time it takes to capture the center station salvage by half.

4- Make it a 20 player map. The team with 5 players over the other side would have the most influence and have a chance at taking/holding the station.

5- Make the area which you must be in to capture much larger so you don't have all players right on the station.

6- Make it so when a player dies and respawns he must sit at respawn point with no power to engines for 10 sec. Make them immune to damage over that time to stop ppl from rushing in and killing them again. That way you make it so ppl will think about dieing and also make it so ppl can not just die and rush back to station.

Now there being only 1 salvage you have a place to duke it out and take something to hold all in only 1 place.
If a team gets wiped reform and try and get it back. Could make for some epic battles

Also it could be to the holding teams tactics to try and intercept players coming back from the other side and stop them. Would give the chance of 2 or more good battles going on cuz you would not want to leave the station undefeded you may not be able to stop all going back to station.

Now i am sure that a few of you may have some ideas to make this even better... feel free to add them.

/Salute
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2010, 10:54 PM
altough it would make for epic battles, imagine 40 starships convirged in one massive fighting ball. i think there in lies the problem. all ships will always be directed towards the center station. it would just be a turkey shoot. would leave very little room for tactics. no team could ever get wiped because by the time u killed the last one, the first one dead will have long returned. there for it would be impossible to grab the point from the opposing team (u could work around this that whom ever had the most influence around the station would grab it. so the more enemy ships u kill the stronger ur positon of the objective would become.)

the idea has some potential try to modifie it some so u can employ tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Reel View Post
altough it would make for epic battles, imagine 40 starships convirged in one massive fighting ball. i think there in lies the problem. all ships will always be directed towards the center station. it would just be a turkey shoot. would leave very little room for tactics. no team could ever get wiped because by the time u killed the last one, the first one dead will have long returned. there for it would be impossible to grab the point from the opposing team (u could work around this that whom ever had the most influence around the station would grab it. so the more enemy ships u kill the stronger ur positon of the objective would become.)

the idea has some potential try to modifie it some so u can employ tactics.
Thanks added some ideas already. You gave me a few in your post.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-29-2010, 04:48 PM
I can not believe i have to bump this So many of you keep asking for more maps and stuff. Just trying to get some ideas flowing. Lets work on this idea or if you don't like mine come up with one.

We are the players we know what we want lets work together and help Cryptic come up with some ideas. I see lots of ideas on how to fix skills, damage, ships and so on. Not really anything on how the pvp instance should work.

That why i made this post. I like fast, action packed pvp not sit and wait for a salvage to turn. Only 1 salvage would keep it interesting. Lots of fighting.
Lt. Commander
# 5 VP map
04-29-2010, 05:54 PM
since no one cares to put in some ideas ill give u one of mine:

map is called THE FRONTLINE

its generaly a victory point map. the map is devided into two equaly sized playing fields. one side is the fed side, the other side is the klingon side. draw a narrow band acros the map this is your frontline. on the two opposite sides of the front u get many many turret emplacements. not the easy peasy turrets u face in pve but real dangerous things that realy diss it out. think of the chintoka system turrets. make em a bit overpowerd. each turret is worth 10 VP

install a power base, this base powers up the turrets. destroying this base generates 50VP and would either diable all turrets or decrease all turrets damage output. effectively making it easier for the opposition to push throug.

install 2 outposts, prety close to the frontline behind the turret barrier. each outpost is 50 VP. these powerfull bases do serious damage.

install one heavy starbase. 100VP the ultimate objective. destroying this base results in game end.

each ship destroyed rewards 5 vp.

first one to reach 500 or so victory points wins the match. 500 vp gives maximum reward, 0 victory points gives 0 reward. let it scale.

make this map 10vs10 minimum or better to go 20 vs 20 or somewhere in between.

this map will consist of defending and attacking groups. attacking in mass u could punch hard but u c ould get stuck with a heavy defensive force that heals turrets and bases. if u are unabale to destroy bases and or turrets 100 ship kills will reward victory. with 20 ships each side that need not take 2 hours.

this idea will ofcourse need some further tweaking but i feel it could provide with interesting pvp.

give me your thougts. would u play this map, why yes why no.
Lt. Commander
# 6 another quick idea
04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
attack and defend.

create a super heavy. this is the attacking target. the opposite side needs to destroy this thing. after the super heavy is destroyed pvp map gets reset to a timer. timer = time needed by previous team to destroy super heavy. timer starts off and no goes to zero. if super heavy now gets destroyed before 0 is reached the first defenders win otherwiser they lose.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Both great ideas Dave. Thanks for posting them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-30-2010, 02:39 PM
I kind of like your Fronline idea Dave, adds more tactic than just pew-pew till you win.

The only problem I see is that most games will end up in a turkey shoot anyway.

Another game mode, similar to what you suggested would be an Attack/Defend map.

Each side gets 1 Starbase and 3 outposts. Starbase is protected by a shield. To disable the shield you must destroy 2 of 3 outposts. Last outpost provides the Starbase with perimeter defenses and is optional.

Each outpost is a spawn point, if outpost is destroyed, that spawn point is lost. Starbase is the last spawn point. You cannot re spawn at an outpost if it is under attack. You can always respawn at starbase (20 km away or so) as long as it is alive.

Audible and visual warnings when an outpost is being attacked as well as a status indicator for starbase shields and perimeter defenses.

Destroying Enemy Ships : 1 point per ship
Destroying outposts : 50 points per outpost
Destroying Starbase : WIN

Time limit : 30-45 minutes. If no starbase destroyed in that time, then team with most points win.
Map size : 10vs10 or 20vs20

Very similar to your idea, but the point system favors teamwork and destroying objectives instead of just killing ships. Killing 50 ships will take more time than killing one outpost. The team that actually manages to complete an objective gets rewarded where a team that just flies around pew-pewing does not.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipigi
I kind of like your Fronline idea Dave, adds more tactic than just pew-pew till you win.

The only problem I see is that most games will end up in a turkey shoot anyway.

Another game mode, similar to what you suggested would be an Attack/Defend map.

Each side gets 1 Starbase and 3 outposts. Starbase is protected by a shield. To disable the shield you must destroy 2 of 3 outposts. Last outpost provides the Starbase with perimeter defenses and is optional.

Each outpost is a spawn point, if outpost is destroyed, that spawn point is lost. Starbase is the last spawn point. You cannot re spawn at an outpost if it is under attack. You can always respawn at starbase (20 km away or so) as long as it is alive.

Audible and visual warnings when an outpost is being attacked as well as a status indicator for starbase shields and perimeter defenses.

Destroying Enemy Ships : 1 point per ship
Destroying outposts : 50 points per outpost
Destroying Starbase : WIN

Time limit : 30-45 minutes. If no starbase destroyed in that time, then team with most points win.
Map size : 10vs10 or 20vs20

Very similar to your idea, but the point system favors teamwork and destroying objectives instead of just killing ships. Killing 50 ships will take more time than killing one outpost. The team that actually manages to complete an objective gets rewarded where a team that just flies around pew-pewing does not.
i realy hope the dvs take a notice to this thread. some nice ideas in here. also what do the others think of these ideas. u guys are on these forums alot give us your thougts. or do u endlesly what to do arenas and C&H maps