Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdSin15 View Post
Also people need to keep in mind that I know almost nothing about computers and will not be able to perform any sort of complex, software/reprogramming fix for this issue.

Basically I need someone to make a detailed response, step by step to show me what I need to do to fix this.

I'd really appreciate it if a GM could answer my question here on the forum because thats what a GMs job is. How many GMs are there? Five for 5 million players? My last GM ticket said I was 840,114th in line to be helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the most insane backlog of GM requests Ive ever encountered. Lets get a move on people.
The problem is with your card, not the game. You need to look on the ATI forums for your video card support. That's how I found my fix.

I was using the drivers that came on the disk with my new computer. Update your drivers and make sure you've got that set up right and then all your games will work right. You have to completely unistall your old drivers. Do this by going to Start -> typing Device Manager in the text box at the bottom -> Look for Display Drivers and open that. Look for a button that says Uninstall Drivers.

Now install the correct driver for your card. Do the complete suite so you get the control panel for the card along with the driver. If you need more help let me know and I'll try to be more descriptive.

If you wait for the Trek GM's to show you how to do it you're in for a very LOOOOOOONG wait, as in never gonna happen dude.