Lt. Commander
Devs, can we get a system where every time you enter a mission, you get a window pop up showing the teams that are already in the mission

so for example

enter -2 players - elite
enter -3 players - normal
enter - new zone at current difficulty

At the moment, with the current settings you will only enter a zone with people around your own difficulty, which in theory is great but in practice there could be three people, all in a mission happy to team but on different difficulties and neither of them would get to join up.
Also some people may not want to set their difficulty to elite but if they see four people already in a mission on elite they may feel more comfortable knowing they have human back up.

Giving us an option before entering each system of what teams are there and which ones we can join should help teaming.

This could work in a similar to the change instance button, just do it at the start of the mission.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2010, 05:59 AM
anyone got any thoughts on this. i really think its a good idea but would like feedback
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2010, 06:00 AM
couldn't u then just join a group on last part and skip 90% ?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffeeuk
couldn't u then just join a group on last part and skip 90% ?
it depends on how they do it now. before the difficulty slider you could auto team with anybody already in the mission, who already had auto team turned on. i've never joined a mission yet that was 90% complete so i assumed they already have something in place to stop that from happening.
say once you kill the first two mobs it locks itself so others cant join
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
it depends on how they do it now. before the difficulty slider you could auto team with anybody already in the mission, who already had auto team turned on. i've never joined a mission yet that was 90% complete so i assumed they already have something in place to stop that from happening.
say once you kill the first two mobs it locks itself so others cant join
i did plenty of times. and once u killed the first two mobs and it locks people out. then wouldn't that be agaist your idea? the chances of u joining a team just starting is the same has joining a team just finishing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffeeuk
i did plenty of times. and once u killed the first two mobs and it locks people out. then wouldn't that be agaist your idea? the chances of u joining a team just starting is the same has joining a team just finishing.
true but thats not really my point, im 100% fine with the way it was but what im concerned about is that with the difficulty slider its cut the players into three groups, normal, advanced and elite. because you only auto join teams of your own difficulty now, that will cut the chance to auto team down to roughly a third.

being able to see the other teams already starting the mission you could join, at least gives people to the chance to join teams on a different difficulty if they wish.

for example i play advanced, but im more than happy to join a normal or elite group, but now i will only auto group with people my own difficulty meaning i get to auto team far less than before.

i just want to maximise the chances for people to find and get a group
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2010, 07:29 AM
actually under teaming there is an option that you can select if you want to team with "my difficulty only" or "any difficulty"

seen it yesterday, it is pretty hidden, you gotta search for it a little but it's there.

Only Problem i see is that the majority will not find it / care about it.
If there was a popup before you enter, like you suggested with all avaible instances (and some info on them) it would be more IN YOUR FACE... so people would notice and make use of it.

Also i could imagine some kind of Queue for people who want to wait for others before they start.
Waiting above planets does not realy work here because we have 10 instances of the same sector block and we dont see each other orbiting the Planet, there is no "Open Teaming"-Icon above my ship either and i dont want to spam at people... so a Queue would be the best way to go i think.

BTW.
I started a new char yesterday and every mission i played i got this:
http://www.imagebanana.com/img/r0hng...0300083838.jpg
"Error joining Open Instance team: Failed"

not sure what's going on there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
actually under teaming there is an option that you can select if you want to team with "my difficulty only" or "any difficulty"
cool, ive just changed it. that will be a big help but your right most people never touch the options pages so chances are will never find it