Lt. Commander
Hey everyone, I just wanted to know how do you get different skills for different bridge officers. Because everytime I wanna get a new skill for a BO at a starbase, it replaces one skill that I don't want replaced. Is there a way to chose skills and select which one's to replace? For example, two of my engineering BO's have 3 copies of RSP combined. I want variety from my BO's but most of them have the same skills.

I have a Tac Officer, T5 Sovereign Cruiser.

Thanx!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2010, 12:55 PM
might want to change the name of the thread... from "bride" officers to "Bridge" officers. Thought this thread was about something else :-D
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2010, 12:59 PM
if you go to the starbase the skills are broken down into ranks. if you open the skill trainer window you'll see that all the ensign skills are listed first, then the lieutenant skill etc

like this;

ensign
lieutenant
lieutenant commander
commander

so you have to pick the right skills to change for the right character
so if you want to change the third skill along (lieutenant commander skill) make sure you pick from the skills in the third block.

the you can choose the character you want to change it for and it will say this skill will replace the old one
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2010, 01:00 PM
There's a Skills Trainer in Sol, in the Personnel area next to the Fleet Admiral. There you can buy Skills for each BO Rank (Ens, Lt, Lt Cmdr, Cmdr) to replace skills you don't wish the BOs to have. Keep in mind that you can't buy some rare skills. Those can only be trained by other BOs who have them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Skills are based on rank. Thus High Yield 1 is an ensign skill, High Yield II is a Lt skill. If your BO doesn't have High Yield II and you train them in it it will replace whatever they have for Lt rank (ie the second skill).
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
There's a Skills Trainer in Sol, in the Personnel area next to the Fleet Admiral. There you can buy Skills for each BO Rank (Ens, Lt, Lt Cmdr, Cmdr) to replace skills you don't wish the BOs to have. Keep in mind that you can't buy some rare skills. Those can only be trained by other BOs who have them.
or by your main character if he gets 9 points in certain skills

a tactical officer with 9 points in canons can train Rapid fire III for example
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Sorry for the mispelled title lol

Thanx for the help guys!!!