Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
thankee shikamaru.

I think we're just letting the dev's know that many of us don't find finding 5 friends to play as practical. My friend will only try the game if i pay for it and i has no money. But i am very interested in getting the Galaxy incentive. So i'm just looking for an alternative.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
why is everyone so content to shovel money into cryptics hands all the time? instead of demanding that they make it cheaper why isn't it that they improve the game and actually add incentive to play the end-game STF's and offer unique rewards like this?

all this nickle and diming for a quick boost of cash isn't going to save the game can't they, and you people see that?
I got over raids and the like over ten years ago in EverQuest. I'd rather never play this game again than play an STF.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
I got over raids and the like over ten years ago in EverQuest. I'd rather never play this game again than play an STF.
I don't know if I would define a 5 man group in a 'dungeon' setting a raid, but whatever, that is neither here nor there. thanks for the input though, I guess?
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
thankee shikamaru.

I think we're just letting the dev's know that many of us don't find finding 5 friends to play as practical. My friend will only try the game if i pay for it and i has no money. But i am very interested in getting the Galaxy incentive. So i'm just looking for an alternative.
That's pretty much the way it is for me. I have no friends that like Star Trek. My brother and dad like Star Trek, but my dad doesn't have a computer that could handle the game, and my brother doesn't even seem all that interested in a free copy I was going to give him. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to get my brother to play for the Holographic BO (which I am very happy to see added to the game Cryptic), but 5 for the All Good Things Galaxy? That just isn't possible for me.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
I don't know if I would define a 5 man group in a 'dungeon' setting a raid, but whatever, that is neither here nor there. thanks for the input though, I guess?
Actually, it is quite here. I am completely and totally opposed to making it an STF reward. STFs can take a flying leap.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
Actually, it is quite here. I am completely and totally opposed to making it an STF reward. STFs can take a flying leap.
I have to agree, making it an STF reward is almost as bad as them making it a Referral exclusive, since soloers would be unable to get it then.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-03-2010, 08:02 PM
perhaps you shouldn't really be playing an MMO if all you want to do is solo.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-03-2010, 08:02 PM
So, everyone is taking "special ship" to mean that it will only ever be as a 5-friend referral reward?

I thought the language of the deal was intentionally more vague than that.

It could be an accolade unlock or future veteran reward and still be "special."

Less special? maybe.
Still special? yes.

That said, let's wait for dev feedback before sharpening our teeth.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
So, everyone is taking "special ship" to mean that it will only ever be as a 5-friend referral reward?

Less special? maybe.
Still special? yes.

i'm inclined to agree, it *could* be from an accolade from an STF or something like that, aswell, and this is just another way of getting it.

it's theoretically possible, anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

Less special? maybe.
Still special? yes.

You're right that it doesn't specifically say exclusive, but it still seems they plan to make it available through the referral program before making it available through other means, which is still unacceptable by my standards. If they give it to a select handful through the referral program first, it makes them look elite and promotes jealousy. Not a godd idea. It needs to be made available to all players through another avenue at the same time that players start to unlock it through the Referral program.
Closed Thread