Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 51
05-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm also one of the ones who really won't be able to recruit anyone (let alone 5!) to get this reward as I already recruited everyone I could when the game first came out. I literally have noone else to ask

*If* it stays this way the only way I'll be able to get the ship variant is to buy 5 dummy accounts
Lt. Commander
# 52
05-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Question though is the galaxy X variant tier 4 or tier 5 ?
Lt. Commander
# 53
05-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Players have been begging for more canon ship variants since launch. Though they originally stated that they were in talks with CBS to license more canon ships for Season 2, those plans were apparently put on hold (as there is nothing about it in the Season 2 section of the latest Engineering Report). So many players were excited when dstahl said a new canon ship variant would be made available through the rewards/referral system, but I suppose many of us though we would only need to refer one friend to unlock it, I know I did. No we find out that it will take 5 referrals to unlock it.
DIdn't dstahl say they were working on costumes for Season 2 starting this week or next?

I know he meant personal costumes but he may also mean more ships variants as they're referred to as "ship costumes" (the Klingons would like this especially).
Lt. Commander
# 54
05-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awarkle View Post
Question though is the galaxy X variant tier 4 or tier 5 ?
it says T5 on the info page
Lt. Commander
# 55
05-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiavul View Post
I see no difference in the "All Good Things Enterprise" and the Classic Original Enterprise offered from Gamestop. Both are special offers, are not just handed to everyone, and are iconic starships that every Trek fan covets.

Now we know Cryptic's exclusives don't have a very long shelf-life so I imagine within a year it will be available in the C-Store for those who have not yet gotten it. I really think we all need to get over our feelings of entitlement and either play the game or find something more suitable to our needs.
There are two main differences:

The Constitution was cheaper/easier to obtain.
The Constitution is only viable during the lower levels, while the AGT Galaxy is an end-game ship, where players spend a lot more of there time. So while they are both technically aesthetic, the AGT will have a lot more of an effect on immersion and how you play the game.
Lt. Commander
# 56
05-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
DIdn't dstahl say they were working on costumes for Season 2 starting this week or next?

I know he meant personal costumes but he may also mean more ships variants as they're referred to as "ship costumes" (the Klingons would like this especially).
He did recently say that Klingons would be getting the full array of clothing customization in Season 2. No mention of Feds except for the veteran reward uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 57
05-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
He did recently say that Klingons would be getting the full array of clothing customization in Season 2. No mention of Feds except for the veteran reward uniform.
I don't know if you missed my post but if you are in need of a new PSU I have an antec EA380W PSU that you can have for the cost of shipping. You have done a lot for this community and I would be happy to help you out.
Lt. Commander
# 58
05-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
I don't know if you missed my post but if you are in need of a new PSU I have an antec EA380W PSU that you can have for the cost of shipping. You have done a lot for this community and I would be happy to help you out.
I need to make sure it is my PSU first. I have my brother, who is a computer consultant and network administrator, coming over to check it soon. All I know is that I was playing STO earlier when I had a power outage (I do have a powerstrip/surge protector). I flipped the breakers back on, went up and tried to turn the computer back on, only to find that it wouldn't cut on. I turned the PSU off and back on, unplugged and replugged all the cord both in and out of the case, but it still won't cut on. I'm getting him to check and make sure the PSU is fried, and that it didn't fry the motherboard as well. I still need to dig up the paperwork and see if the warranty is still good as well. If I need one, I'll let you know.

It just really annoys me as I only have so much money, and my XBOX 360 bit the dust, so I need to get a new one to play the Halo Reach beta that started today. Now this happens, and I don't know if I'll have enough to fix both. Hopefully, I missed something, and the PSU is fine.
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
I need to make sure it is my PSU first. I have my brother, who is a computer consultant and network administrator, coming over to check it soon. All I know is that I was playing STO earlier when I had a power outage (I do have a powerstrip/surge protector). I flipped the breakers back on, went up and tried to turn the computer back on, only to find that it wouldn't cut on. I turned the PSU off and back on, unplugged and replugged all the cord both in and out of the case, but it still won't cut on. I'm getting him to check and make sure the PSU is fried, and that it didn't fry the motherboard as well. I still need to dig up the paperwork and see if the warranty is still good as well. If I need one, I'll let you know.

It just really annoys me as I only have so much money, and my XBOX 360 bit the dust, so I need to get a new one to play the Halo Reach beta that started today. Now this happens, and I don't know if I'll have enough to fix both. Hopefully, I missed something, and the PSU is fine.
You should be able to send the 360 back to MS to get checked out though. If out of warranty they may charge like $100 to repair it depending on the issue. Surge protector wouldn't save you in a brownout though which is probably what happened just before the actual power outage.
Lt. Commander
# 60
05-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Note: Some game play restrictions apply for recruits, see FAQ. While supplies last. Only active subscribers to Star Trek Online can send invitations. For the recruiter to qualify for the Star Trek Online purchase rewards, recruits must enter a valid Star Trek Online retail Product Registration Key. To qualify for the subscription rewards, recruits must be billed for at least a one month of subscription.
I think this is the part that bothers me most. I can understand the recruit five friends part, but each game purchased comes with 30 days free gameplay. Lets say all 5 friends decide that they don't like the game during that 30 days and decide not to subscribe. You just went through all of that work to get 5 friends to try STO for nothing. Then you'd have to start all over.

The time and effort to do this seems more of a gamble of luck then a reward for customers work.
Closed Thread