Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
05-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Then don't pull friends. Get strangers. Go to the local mall. Or gaming shop. Solicit. Go door to door. Run your own contest through your own website. Come up with a plan.

Cryptic just wants you to get them people. They don't have to be your close personal friends.
You are truly cracked man. Fine, you go out and ring yourself some door bells, I'm going to continue going up Cryptic's ass until this makes it in the C-Store. Don't get me wrong, I understand Cryptic's reasoning in doing this and why you think its smart business sense on their part, but not why you're defending the idea like it will personally benefit you in some way if it stays recruitment only. Why do you care if people have the option to buy it from the c-store? Does it negative effect you in some way?

...and no Shard-Warrior, I have nothing to base those figures on what-so-ever. Nobody has anything "real" to base any calculations on. Its just a guess based on how the game has done so far and how I've seen it perceived in the gaming community over the last 2 months. I guess we'll all see in the end. Either way, I'll continue to push for it's release in the C-store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
05-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfa View Post
Why do you care if people have the option to buy it from the c-store? Does it negative effect you in some way?
Well, for starters, if he is willing to go out and do the legwork and find 5 other subscribers whereas you can just buy it cheap, then yes it has a negative effect on him. You got the same thing he did without doing the work to get it.

There are a great number of "exclusive item mongers" who would also have issue with "exclusives" being dumped into the C-Store for everyone to buy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
05-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfa View Post
You are truly cracked man. Fine, you go out and ring yourself some door bells, I'm going to continue going up Cryptic's ass until this makes it in the C-Store.
I don't want the ship.

You do.

That's the difference.

There's no need for them to put this in the C-Store. They want you to bring referrals to the game. And have provided a carrot. You are going about this the wrong way.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I understand Cryptic's reasoning in doing this and why you think its smart business sense on their part,
It's not that I think it's smart business sense. I merely think your logic is faulty. And you are walking into a brick wall here. You want the ship. They've given you a way to get the ship. If they put it in the C-Store, they ruin the entire point of their referral program. You're argument isn't going to sway them. Because it doesn't take into account the reason why they're doing this program.

Quote:
Why do you care if people have the option to buy it from the c-store?
I don't care. I just think that your entire premise is going nowhere. If you want this ship as badly as you seem to, you have options to get it. You just don't like those options.

You have a choice. Get the ship. Or don't.

They put this in the C-Store and they cut their nose to spite their face. It won't work. It's not part of their plan. It's not "smart business" ... it's just business.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
05-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfa View Post
...and no Shard-Warrior, I have nothing to base those figures on what-so-ever.
Right, so ultimately you're just complaining.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
05-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
If they put it in the C-Store, they ruin the entire point of their referral program.
That's definitely the point he isn't getting. The goal of the marketing plan is to bring in new customers and subscribers. Just dumping into the C-Store does not accomplish that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
05-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
That's definitely the point he isn't getting. The goal of the marketing plan is to bring in new customers and subscribers. Just dumping into the C-Store does not accomplish that.
Why not give out C-store points as a reward for recruiting people?

Give people who bring someone new into the game who subscribes the equivalent of $15 worth of C-Store points for each person they recruit.

As thin as the content and options already are in this game, we need to STOP making more exclusive stuff. We need more general content, and putting the ship in the C-Store is a lot better option than making it yet another exclusive that will make it rare (and thus, the Dev time spent on it a waste of effort).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
05-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
Why not give out C-store points as a reward for recruiting people?
They are. Read what the program offers (so far).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
05-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
They are. Read what the program offers (so far).
My logic is fine. The ship isn't the only thing you get out of the referral offer and the people who can will still go the referral way rather than spend 20 bucks in the C-Store, you would be stupid to do other wise. Why would anyone spend 20 buck when they could do it for free. I get the logic, I just think its crappy logic.

They're offing a very prized ship among many for something that not everyone is capable of doing. The only people who will go for this game no matter how hard you push would be Trek fans and MMO players, both of which are more than likely fully aware of this game by now and have either already bought it or have no interest in doing so. Telling people that if they want it they'll find a way is pure and total bull **** and you know it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
05-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfa View Post
My logic is fine.
But it isn't. You still don't see it.

Quote:
The ship isn't the only thing you get out of the referral offer and the people who can will still go the referral way rather than spend 20 bucks in the C-Store, you would be stupid to do other wise. Why would anyone spend 20 buck when they could do it for free. I get the logic, I just think its crappy logic.
You're still not getting it. This is not about spending money for an in-game item in the C-Store. The overall goal is to bring in new subscribers and to reward those customers who help achieve that goal. How does putting this ship into the C-Store accomplish that?

Quote:
Telling people that if they want it they'll find a way is pure and total bull **** and you know it.
I disagree. If you want anything bad enough, the onus is on you to do what is necessary to get it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
05-05-2010, 05:48 PM
I get it fine. It will not work. They will make more money from the C-Store and **** off less customers.

My opinion.

Thanks for derailing my thread about how to make the Galaxy X function fairly in game, a thread which was not created to discuss the logic of the referral program.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 AM.