Lt. Commander
# 101
05-05-2010, 02:58 PM
The metal plates... Na, they should be Orion exclusive. Honestly its the only thing male Orions have, except the myth of the shoulder armor.
But the mask, yes, make it available for aliens. Nausicaans can select 2 different versions of teeth, I don't even know why I would want that mask to cover them. I'm sure aliens or other species could put them to better use.
Lt. Commander
# 102
05-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Why should it?
What do Orion Females have exclusive? What have Klingons have unique?
On fed side, what has ANY Species has unique, beside the Ferengie?

After the costumisation is ALREADY that limited it shouldnt be even MORE limited by species exclusives.

Funny thing again, may be off topic, we Klingons also got worse BO KI.

I found out that the Fed BOs move completly diffrent in many details.
Lt. Commander
# 103
05-05-2010, 03:30 PM
It's not that the devs hate female Klingons. It's just they hate the Klingon Faction in general. Why do you think things are the way they are, and will be in the future?
Lt. Commander
# 104
05-05-2010, 04:15 PM
On Fed side, Ferengi have NOTHING unique.

Benzites have their respirator device as option, and only they. You can make a Benzite-looking alien on both sides, but not with this item. And that is perfectly fine, because I'm tired of aliens resembling a playable species for the sake of 4 selectable skills. (You are certainly an exception, as you play a human in the KDF. That's not my issue, my issue is playing a Klingon-looking alien in the KDF, with 4 space traits and such.)
I 'give away' the Nausicaan mask so freely because its not the only thing they have, and the mask has much more different uses for other species than the tusks.

I also think each species should have at least 1 unique option that is related to their culture. Means sashes for Klingons only, not for Orions, Gorn and everyone else. No bikinis for female Klingons and Trill, only for Orions. Reward players for picking a canon species, not punish them by limiting their trait choices.

Read more reasons and suggestions here.
Lt. Commander
# 105
05-05-2010, 04:23 PM
No I dont like that exclusivness. It limits options, but Sto should enlarge options.
Lt. Commander
# 106
05-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
No I dont like that exclusivness. It limits options, but Sto should enlarge options.
I don't either. Instead of restricting the alien editor, make the set racial traits more desirable, useful, or unique to that race (Gorn bite, Lethean Rapture)
Lt. Commander
# 107
05-05-2010, 11:42 PM
These traits are actually the only real advantage the KDF has (3 species with a special vs. 1 on Fed side, Vulcans).
Lt. Commander
# 108
05-06-2010, 03:04 PM
I agree that the females in the KDF really need some attention...

Something I think your missing is that the three male restricted races might not allow female warriors... Before the "/gasp how sexist" responses, you are all looking through modern century human glasses. Consider our own history, even today women are restricted in front line combat rolls... Who's to say that the gorn would even allow a female to pick up a weapon instead of raising the eggs? Or the nausucans might view their women as property/slaves. One must consider all the posibilities not just what we live with... Just my two cents.

And please devs pass some love our way... The Feds really have more then they can handle at the moment any way...
Lt. Commander
# 109
05-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
On Fed side, Ferengi have NOTHING unique.
Nope. Back-of-the-head thingie (two versions) is unique Ferengi item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
I also think each species should have at least 1 unique option that is related to their culture. Means sashes for Klingons only, not for Orions, Gorn and everyone else. No bikinis for female Klingons and Trill, only for Orions. Reward players for picking a canon species, not punish them by limiting their trait choices.
I agree generally on all those points but the sashes are just rank insignia.