Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Unfortunately there are also sometimes dev posts in those threads and there is no way I'm missing that information. XD
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
Unfortunately there are also sometimes dev posts in those threads and there is no way I'm missing that information. XD
Which are easily found by clicking on the "dev post" button which is currently NOT next to this topic.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Well, you can easily see the Dev posts without reading anything else in the thread using the Dev tracker.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
I've counted at least 10 different people posting their thoughts against this in the last 20 minutes.
I'm really sick of some people trotting out the "eeeh it's just teh same people over and over!" misinformation.
So 10 people on the forums are complaining about this?

Seriously, complain about something worthwhile and go find five friends, it's not that hard. I don't mean any ill-will towards you guys, but this is ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicia
So 10 people on the forums are complaining about this?

Seriously, complain about something worthwhile and go find five friends, it's not that hard. I don't mean any ill-will towards you guys, but this is ridiculous.
Yes, 10 people I counted in 20 minutes = only 10 people complaining about this.
_
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-05-2010, 06:05 PM
It's more like 50 repeating posters who are raging to their hearts content, but I digress.

Anywho I don't think Cryptic is going to change their mind about this one. It's too good a marketing strategy and that is one very tempting carrot at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
It's more like 50 repeating posters who are raging to their hearts content, but I digress.
Yes yes keep telling yourself it's just a few malcontents. That's what they said in SWG too as it burned around them.

Quote:
Anywho I don't think Cryptic is going to change their mind about this one. It's too good a marketing strategy and that is one very tempting carrot at the end.
At the end of a nigh-impossible task, a marketing gimmick made in bad faith that will anger fans.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:

Maybe your right. But I never would have believed they would have changed their mind and made what was planned to be a paid expansion for CO free either. And the only reason they did was because of community feedback. That was a much bigger issue than this by far.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Yes yes keep telling yourself it's just a few malcontents. That's what they said in SWG too as it burned around them.
I did not rule out the one time posters who post their complaint and then move on, I just stated that it was a decent number of players who keep posting their rage about it. And I'm well aware of what happened in SWG.

Quote:
At the end of a nigh-impossible task, a marketing gimmick made in bad faith that will anger fans.
Then this challenge should be right up the ally of us Trekkies.

Seriously though, I understand the frustration. I share in it to an extent, but I'm still going to try my hardest to get that ship in a calm, collected, mature manner, and rise to the challenge or fail. Nothing more and nothing less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Maybe your right. But I never would have believed they would have changed their mind and made what was planned to be a paid expansion for CO free either. And the only reason they did was because of community feedback. That was a much bigger issue than this by far.
I was not aware of that. Interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
I was not aware of that. Interesting.
Yeah, I was pretty surprised myself. Here is the info if your interested:

http://www.champions-online.com/node/594840