Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 481
05-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincit View Post
What reward would get YOU to actively recruit others to play STO? Do you think that others might want your reward enough to recruit as well? How would you respond to others who would also want it, but not want to recruit to get it?
You know what would get me to recruit people? It's not some stupid unique ship. It's not some stupid holographic bridge officer. It's not some stupid holographic tribble. What would get me to recruit people is to have a working, fun, and relatively bug-free game.

STO as it currently stands is stagnant. Season Two might help get the game in the right direction. I won't know until July (or whenever they get around to releasing it). Based on the reviews, the forums, word of mouth, pretty much everywhere, the game sucks. People will not want to play the game knowing or believing that the game does not live up to the name.

Marketing dropped the ball on this one. Not only are they offering a more-or-less unattainable perk that only a handful of people will receive but they're trying to get us to recruit people in a game that a fair amount of us have already lost faith in. I still see potential, but there are LOTS of people who are scared or put-off. They may not like Star Trek in general. They may not want to be labeled as "Trekkie" or dweeb or dork or whatever. They may try the game and decide it's crap. There is no long term investment. THAT's the problem with the game as it stands.
Lt. Commander
# 482
05-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Well this thread just gave them every reason to have their own flying sparkle mount for an outrageous price.
Lt. Commander
# 483
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
You know what would get me to recruit people? It's not some stupid unique ship. It's not some stupid holographic bridge officer. It's not some stupid holographic tribble. What would get me to recruit people is to have a working, fun, and relatively bug-free game.

STO as it currently stands is stagnant. Season Two might help get the game in the right direction. I won't know until July (or whenever they get around to releasing it). Based on the reviews, the forums, word of mouth, pretty much everywhere, the game sucks. People will not want to play the game knowing or believing that the game does not live up to the name.

Marketing dropped the ball on this one. Not only are they offering a more-or-less unattainable perk that only a handful of people will receive but they're trying to get us to recruit people in a game that a fair amount of us have already lost faith in. I still see potential, but there are LOTS of people who are scared or put-off. They may not like Star Trek in general. They may not want to be labeled as "Trekkie" or dweeb or dork or whatever. They may try the game and decide it's crap. There is no long term investment. THAT's the problem with the game as it stands.
Season Two should have been the state of the game at LAUNCH.

The fact that they are getting ever more shrill and offensive in their marketing promotions (especially this debacle) is an indicator of their desperation.
Lt. Commander
# 484
05-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfelczer View Post
Question:

In my collector's edition, I gave three codes to family members and friends to get them to try STO. They used the code, bought the game, and are now paying for subscriptions...

Can the referrals be back dated based on this?
\

I can sure as crap tell you "NO"....It would shock me out of my seat if they did.

I had asked if I could convert my 6 month subscription to a lifetime and put the unused months (5 of them) towards the $299.00....Cryptic's Billing Dept. said no, they can't do that.
Lt. Commander
# 485
05-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcurl
Well this thread just gave them every reason to have their own flying sparkle mount for an outrageous price.
Why not a flying space unicorn that has 25 weapon slots, 10 console slots for each type, that shoots Skittles, that can fire while cloaked?
Lt. Commander
# 486
05-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
And Memory Alpha was originally created the way it was, and the game was originally created with out a DP or end game content, and Klingons were launched without PvE. Yet, in response to player feedbac, you guys have made the changes the community wanted. So the question is, will you listen again?
well said!

i have to admit reading about how the galaxy X was going to take 5 referrals, and then each has to hit their 30 day cycle for the referrer to get credit and the ship?

that's a little bit steep

good to know that management has an eye on this one...i think if everyone calmly voices their concerns in this thread and there is an overwhelming voice against this, im sure cryptic will listen and adjust

they've already proven they are capable of listening to their players and making key gameplay changes to suit their players...im willing to grant them the benefit of the doubt
Lt. Commander
# 487
05-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfelczer View Post
Question:

In my collector's edition, I gave three codes to family members and friends to get them to try STO. They used the code, bought the game, and are now paying for subscriptions...

Can the referrals be back dated based on this?
If it was my game I would back date for this, however I've heard no official word from Cryptic on this one. A good question. Unfortunately, my gut tells me the answer is going to be "No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcurl
To be fair it was a unicorn zebra mount then a dual-seat rocket mount for recruit-a-friend in that other game that shall remain nameless.

<-- Loves her sparkly pony...Don't hate. :p
Lt. Commander
# 488
05-05-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm liking the suggestion that it be available via the upcoming revamped Memory Alpha. It's thereby available to anyone who puts in the playing time to satisfy whatever prerequisites deemed suitable.
Lt. Commander
# 489
05-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenVoodoo View Post
If it was my game I would back date for this, however I've heard no official word from Cryptic on this one. A good question. Unfortunately, my gut tells me the answer is going to be "No."

To be fair it was a unicorn zebra mount then a dual-seat rocket mount for recruit-a-friend in that other game that shall remain nameless.

<-- Loves her sparkly pony...Don't hate. :p
This horrifically flawed idea has nothing to do with fairness and everything to do with "show me the money". They are basically tempting people to spend another $200 to own a ship that is more powerful than anything in game.

A CLOAKING ship that has the power of a T5 cruiser (and the tank) plus an additional high DPS exclusive superweapon.

I guess we know why Science Officers have been nerfed to oblivion. They want no challenger to this thing.
Lt. Commander
# 490
05-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
That's all well and good, but restricting the Galaxy X to a handful of people who manage to achieve your costly requirement of 5 subbers is just plain mean-spirited.
You cannot expect us to be excited about that or any other related content if you're going to pull this.

I mean, what will a saucer sep feature cost us? Ten subscribers?
You know, the ship was in one episode out of 28 seasons and 11 movies spanning 43 years, and only appeared for a couple of minutes in that episode. It's not exactly an iconic ship.
Closed Thread