Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
05-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I disagree. If you want anything bad enough, the onus is on you to do what is necessary to get it.
It seems YOU don't get it, because you're buying into the cynical situation Cryptic have created without even thinking about it.

"Ooooh if you want the Galaxy X so bad then why don't you go and get 5 peope to subcribe!"

Nevermind the fact that most of us are simply incapable of getting 5 people even interested in STO, let alone subscribe. The fact is Cryptic are attempting to force us to do their job for them (marketing) by using something they KNOW we all want.

That's despicable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
05-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
It seems YOU don't get it, because you're buying into the cynical situation Cryptic have created without even thinking about it.

"Ooooh if you want the Galaxy X so bad then why don't you go and get 5 peope to subcribe!"

Nevermind the fact that most of us are simply incapable of getting 5 people even interested in STO, let alone subscribe. The fact is Cryptic are attempting to force us to do their job for them (marketing) by using something they KNOW we all want.

That's despicable.
Dude, I'm so glad someone came into this thread with a brain and some moral judgment finally, thank you, I was starting to think I was surrounded by Enron board members.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
It seems YOU don't get it, because you're buying into the cynical situation Cryptic have created without even thinking about it.

"Ooooh if you want the Galaxy X so bad then why don't you go and get 5 peope to subcribe!"

Nevermind the fact that most of us are simply incapable of getting 5 people even interested in STO, let alone subscribe. The fact is Cryptic are attempting to force us to do their job for them (marketing) by using something they KNOW we all want.

That's despicable.
The logic here is faulty. If the game isn't interesting to 5 people, how is it so interesting to you that you have this much passion about a ship in it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
05-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The logic here is faulty. If the game isn't interesting to 5 people, how is it so interesting to you that you have this much passion about a ship in it?
Take your logic to Vulcan, this is Earth were passionate people want a real alternative to having to spam strangers in order to get a wanted ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
05-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfa View Post
Take your logic to Vulcan, this is Earth were passionate people want a real alternative to having to spam strangers in order to get a wanted ship.
it just makes absolutely no sense. If this game is as bleak, unplayable, and horrible enough that you think no one will want to play it ... why spend this much time ranting about how badly you want to play this game in this ship?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
05-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
it just makes absolutely no sense. If this game is as bleak, unplayable, and horrible enough that you think no one will want to play it ... why spend this much time ranting about how badly you want to play this game in this ship?
He's got a valid point there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
05-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Because I bought a lifetime script and it would help to have something new to amuse myself with.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 68
05-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfa View Post
Because I bought a lifetime script and it would help to have something new to amuse myself with.
your ship has sailed anyway. It goes live and exclusive tomorrow so cough up around $175 ( providing you can find 5 copies of STO at around $20 ) or see how long your friends remain your friends after bringing them here at their expense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 69
05-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
How about just adding a special ability to all T5 ships and making the Galaxy-X the Vet reward for 400 days of service...


I know... whacky thought isnt it...
simplicy when effective is always the best route. Making it a vet reward like you suggested makes total sense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 70
05-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
it just makes absolutely no sense. If this game is as bleak, unplayable, and horrible enough that you think no one will want to play it ... why spend this much time ranting about how badly you want to play this game in this ship?
Because even on a sinking ship, we want to be on the highest part above water.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:48 PM.